Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowHeads trip to Colorado Mar/05?

Poster: A snowHead
Brian Barrett, you tell me! I'm just going to help arrange it...

Chris Bish, good point. Again, I was thinking snow, so you let me know what you'd like. It may be getting towards time for a series of surveys.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anyone have any contacts in the travel/airline industry this side of the pond?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ssh, I think the Easter holiday might well work. There is more than the standard week available to most because of the bank holidays and those with kids in tow could make it. I've never skied the New World (What do you call it now?) but this might well be a opportunity not to miss. I think the idea is solidifying.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chris Bish, I think you call it "the Colonies," eh wot? Wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ssh, From here it sometimes feels like we are being colonised!

I once thought I might drive to Colorado to look at the mountains but got bored by the time I got to St Louis. The thought of Kansas was just too much.. You do have a seriously large country there!

Please don't take my irony seriously. No offence intended. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris Bish, the difference between England and the US?

In the US, 200 years is a long time.

In England, 200 miles is a long ways.

Wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
200 miles would put me in the sea most ways from here.

My house is a perfectly normal house and is about 200 years old.

yeah. I think you are right!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowHead 200 miles gets me to Aspen or Steamboat. Telluride is 380.

Our home is 13 years old! There are some in Boulder that are 200 years old, but they are on the National Registration of Historic Places! Shocked
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Getting back to serious stuff, is it realsitic to tour some famous US resorts like Aspen and Steamboat in the span of Easterish 2005? My son and I saw some amazing off-piste footage from Steamboat on TV recently. He might be up to it!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd like to vote against easter if possible. Sorry. Its unnecessarily expensive and busy and full of kids.
I must have spent hundreds of extra pounds trying to fit around damn easter holidays when you should avoid them like the plague.
Its just another point of view. Feel free to tell me I'm selfish, because I haven't got kids.
Its another thing to put to the vote. Democracy in action and all that.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
markP, I think it depends on where we plan, too. Steamboat and Aspen are much less impacted by the holidays than are the Summit areas, and Easter isn't the core of Spring Break in the US any more, either. However, I'm open. I'll put up a survey when we get a little closer.

So, we need a survey for dates, location, what else? How long?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Personally speaking, I'd be interested, but I just can't afford either the time or the cost of a two week trip. Is it still viable to go just for one week when you consider the flight times? snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ssh, I think the main issue with Easter will be flight prices.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have contacts in the Industry. I'll ask for a guesstimate flight cost based on a group to Denver. If I've got the airport wrong tell me.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Michael B, Denver is the nearest. BA fly direct from London (although I don't like BA) United fly via Chicago, as do a few other airlines.
ski holidays
Realistically it will be BA as my contacts deal with them. Contrary to popular belief a group fare with many airlines is more expensive than buying direct via the web.
Anyway I've asked the question let's see what they come back with.
I've gone to the M.D. so if there are any deals we should get them.
snow conditions
I am looking to go across the pond, with hubby and kids next March, kids break up for Easter about the 18th I think. They are teenagers, and one is doing GCSE next year. If Easter wasn't so early, I wouldn't be doing it as I would be making him revise.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, GCSE? "Revise"? Please translate for us non-English-speakers? Wink
ski holidays
Tony Ellwood, if you take both weekends, I think so.

Michael B, great! DEN if we do the front range, HDN for Steamboat. DEN is great for BA; we'd need a connect for Steamboat.
ski holidays
Sorry ssh-study for his examinations.
snow report
GCSE-our general certifiacte of Seconadary education, taken by our kids aged approx 16, aftre which they can leave school, or remain and study for A levels (a=advanced).
snow conditions
Or, resit their exams - in the case of most of my students Confused
ski holidays
Any interest from the Darkside registered yet? I'd definately be interested but changing careers to join the boys in blue so may eventually get a start date around then after 2 years waiting, so training may get in the way but pencil me in! Only done a couple of small places in the Poconos, Pensylvannia so would love to try the bigger resorts!

Anytime is good, except New Year.
snow conditions
Dan, Darkside? I keep seeing this. Translate, please?
snow conditions
We used to call the snowboarders on SCGB (oops..."The Ski Club"), Darksiders!
snow report
I think in all fairness, they christened themselves that Evil or Very Mad Either way, it stuck snowHead
snow conditions
As in Darth Vader and his chums. You know. The Dark Side.
snow conditions
God knows who christened us that as I had not been around that long on the site......was lurking for a while. Quite like it actually............jedi skills and all that!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
First known referance =
Phil Prior 24th Jan 2003: One more has turned to the dark side................search your feelings skiers there is boarding in you.

Re-inforced by =
Simon Turner 5 Feb 2003: Never underestimate the power of the dark side young skier.
latest report
OK I want to go! Let me know when and where
snow report
I should be in Colorado at that time anyway so count me in.
snow report
Stick me on the list, It's about time I came home and had some fun!
latest report
Put me on the list,along with the family(wife & 3 children)Because there are 5 of us,price is very important.Surely,if this trip becomes a reality,a group discount must be negotiable(and a good one)Have toyed with a trip over the pond for a while but,to be honest,at at least £1000 ea,its out of reach Sad Come on people,buy into this and it will be the trip to end all trips Laughing Laughing Laughing

ssh-what is the family thing like in the areas you are thinking about?We are all skiers.Sounds as if there are a few "familied" people interested.Not too bothered about date.Two of my kids are still at school but I wouldnt hesitate taking them out for this(sorry teaching s/heads,I dont do politics,just reality Evil or Very Mad rant over Wink )

SNOWHEAD FORUM.Do you think this thread warrents a topic line of its own?It would be a great shame if it fizzled out because its "lost" amoungst all the other threads.Just think;we make this work and a large group of "snowheads" jet across the pond.What would the other side make of that Embarassed Embarassed
I want to go,I want to go,I want to go.Please make it work snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
snowskisnow, I'll keep it current in this or another form. I'm planning out a series of polls to get an idea what people would most want. Families are good to know about (I have three kids myself who will be 3, 8, and 10 next season), and all areas are "family friendly".

Discounts are the name of the game for a group outing, you know! Wink
snow report
Only thing that bothers me is the prices of the lift passes, with 2 teens we have 4 adult passes to buy. Would love tos ki US though, have been to Canada and loved it. The other problem may be altitude, as my oldest suffers quite badly, nosebleeds, sickness etc. We went dog-sledding near BAnff and he had to sit in the sled most of the time, he felt so ill
ski holidays
Put Mr B & I down as possibles snowHead
latest report
Us too- 4 of us, possibles , but would depend on dates as can't take kids out of scholl next year (big exams)
latest report
ssh-Helen raises a good point,lift passes.Mine would be 3 adult 2 child.If this thing comes together,and I pray to the snowgods snowHead it does;are we up for a block discount on these?
Over here discounts seem to run around 10 people(10 pay-1 goes free)My son is off to Switzerland in 3 weeks.40 pupils so 4 teachers go free;very nice,for the teachers rolling eyes If this sort of discount is on offer,we should be able to cascade it down to all so everyone benefits.
Lots to think about & lots to plan.For the moment,lets just keep this thing moving.
See you around next March Cool Cool
ski holidays
If you need anyone to look at flights etc let me know- I work for one of the souless high street travel agents- we may be evil- but we occasionally do good deals for people we like! ( and I have loads of time to kill-usually planning dream ski trips for myself)
latest report
Helen Beaumont, we'll get discounts. Summit County season passes are only $250US, so we should be able to come up with some good options!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy