Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

tromsø alpine centre (norway) - trip report(ish)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all, i'm off to tromsø (norway) on saturday to seek out the northern lights, but am hoping to do a cheeky one-day session if the alpine centre is open.

i've tried looking on the web, but am unsure if the alpine centre is an actual resort yet or not. the only info i can find is a "we'll be back next season" message on one site (not sure if it's even the same place), and info on what is planned for the resort on another, slicker website.

does anyone know anything about the centre? and if so, do you know if it'll be open next week?

cheers!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 12-12-09 22:39; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've never been myself, but I've given some consideration to it as a possible city/ski/northern lights break. It seems to be sometimes known as Kroken Ski Centre (after the suburb of Tromso that its in) I've never managed to find an actual piste map, but it's my understanding that there are two t-bars, the longest of which is about 1000m. There are only two or three runs so far as I can gather. You can get there by public bus from Tromso. You could try putting 'Tromso Skisenter' or 'Kroken ski' in youtube for some videos of youths snowboarding there. That's as much as I can found out about the place! Please post back if you find anything else (and if you see the lights!).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have no idea about this, but last year when I was in Levi, Finland, I was talking with guy from Tromso, who was regularly driving to Levi for skiing over weekends. Considering it's about 500km drive one way on everything but perfect roads, I would say alpine skiing in Tromso can't be all that good Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Draybs74, primoz, thanks for the info. i guess i'll have to wait and check it out next week. i'm not hoping for much this early in the season for a place at sea level. i was hoping that something would be available cos it's been snowing for the last 3 weeks. ah well. i'll report my findings on my return! and hopefully get some decent shots of the lights! Little Angel
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
a quick trip report. we have just returned from a trip to tromsø and unfortunately there hadn't been enough snow to even run the snow cannons at the alpine centre, so i didn't get to ride, or even do the outdoor ice-skating ( Sad ) but we still had a brilliant trip. norway is an expensive country, but the people are incredibly friendly.

the inland resorts were open, as far as i could tell, but we didn't hire a car, so i didn't get to ride there either. if anyone wants more info, please ask.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Did you see the lights!? Did you see the lights!?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You missed the most important piece of detail! Did you see the Northern Light?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
haha! sorry guys, have been busy the last couple of nights. yes, we did see the lights. quite good sightings a couple of times, not so good at others. we don't have very advanced cameras, so we couldn't capture anything on film to show as evidence unfortunately.

we did other activities to keep busy whilst we were there (dog-sledding, going to play with 300! huskies, star-gazing, round-trip by bus and coastal steamer). quite an interesting city and lovely people.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy