Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A good lunch in Espace Killy

Jan Henderson
Jan Henderson
Off to Val d'Isere on December 12 (snow's arrived - hurrah!) and would appreciate recommendations for good lunching spots.

Four middle-aged blokes, all decent skiers, have cash to splash for a couple of good, on-mountain lunches during the week.

Been to the restaurant at the top of the cable car out of Fornet (very nice); some ridiculously expensive place in, I think, Le Laisinant (Porsche skis outside, should've been far better for the price); and the posh bit of the restaurant at the top of the Grand Motte funiculaire (also very nice, with added snow kittens); to name but a few.

So we are looking for other establishments to add to our gourmet/greedy fat batardos (delete as appropriate) repertoire - all suggestions welcome.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
La Fruitière above La Daille.

Best mountain scran there is.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
can't remember the name but half way down le face
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Jan, agree with you on the Fornet (Le Signal, upper level) and Grand Motte (Gourmand) restaurants - very nice. Here's a few more suggestions:
Chalet Edelweiss, pisteside on the Mangard blue piste, Le Fornet.
Le Bellevarde (à la carte restaurant on the upper floor), just down from the upper terminals of the Olympique cable car & the Funival.
Lo Soli (the à la carte section of l'Alpage restaurant) at the top of the Chaudannes chairlift, Tignes.

Also agree with Mosha Marc re La Fruitière; and with RobCrock re the cosy little place halfway down Le Face, it's called La Tanière.

Enjoy!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tignes les Brevieres (if you count that as on the mountain?) - lovely rustic place in main street - down alley on left in vicinity of the church.

Tufs restaurant at the bottom of La Daille pistes.

And - although it may not be gourmet enough - there are great home made pizzas at the top of Solaise.

I looked at the price list at the very nice looking Chalet Edelweiss last year. Call me tight but I thought the prices were aimed at Russian oligarchs Shocked
snow report
 Jan Henderson
Jan Henderson
Thanks for the suggestions - some definite follow-ups here, although slightly apprehensive about doing the bottom half of Le Face on leaving La Taniere (I've done it a few times, but not after a big lunch).
Can you cut along the blue and then down Joseray instead?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No worries Jan - yes you can cut across Le Face on that blue track (it's actually a pedestrian route too) and then take the Joseray red down; or, if you've had a very big lunch wink , just link with the Loyes Express chairlift and head to the top of Bellevarde to download on the cable car or Funival. As you can probably guess, I've done that myself - purely of course in the name of, ahem, research Cool
ski holidays
 Jan Henderson
Jan Henderson
Thanks Snow Beard - it's always good to have options!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tignes Lavachet - Brasero, at end of Digues green run
Tignes le Lac - Loop and Tignes Cuisine, both opposite side of road from Rosset chair & Rosset blue run
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy