Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

full season insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
very quick question I am hoping to get answered asap. Appreciate there may be something deep in the snowheads archive but don't have hours to read back all the posts.

I need a full season insurance for winter sports.

Do I also need carte neige?

What should I check I am covered for?

are there any nasty hidden loopholes?

has anyone used insure-and-go? i'm finding them quite pushy.

cheers
sarah
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If Insure&Go are being pushy, just tell them to stop getting in touch with you.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yes I do want to buy insurance though....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
things to check

1) Off-piste and the definitions thereof

2) Number of days ski-cover per year - the chepo ones tend to be around 17 days, the better ones around 31. If you want longer than 31 you can sometimes get those with 'single trip' but that won't cover your circumsatances which i would assume is a number of single trips returning to the uk in between and more than 31 days in total (dogtag failed for me last season on those rules)

For me I'd go BMC for this season if I needed seasonal cover as ski-club has stopped offering full season cover. Other threads

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1346219

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1311633

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=286327

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=643624
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
1. No
2. Off piste cover (if that's relevant to you), piste rescue, under what circumstances they will repatriate you
3. Depends on how honest the company is, I suppose!

You could search the Natives forum as well - people on there are more in the habit of using full season insurance.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thinking of an american express prestige policy. Not quite all season but with the worldwide option covers up to 120 days in any one trip. As I'm away for around 3 months and unsure if i'll be popping back to uk or not this policy seems pretty good. Covers general off piste without a guide, also phoned and confirmed it covers : ski touring, ice climbing, x-country, backcountry. The excess goes up for riskier options like ice climbing and you lose some personal liability cover Sad The cost seems very reasonable, I was quoted around £180, annual policy for family for trips up to 120days. Have been with ski club previously but no longer provide cover for trips over 60 days.

Anyone any experience of the amex policy?

http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/personal/insurance/travel/policytypes/AnnualPrestige.shtml
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
waynos, no experience yet, but we've just bought it, for the same reasons as you set out. It has some "extras" not on our previous ski Club policy - for example an emergency plumber if you have a burst pipe or similar at home, when you're away.

queen_sheba, one thing to check (if you think you might pop back to the UK during your season) is whether the policy covers that - a lot of the season worker ones don't, though some give you that option at extra cost.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
queen_sheba wrote:
very quick question I am hoping to get answered asap. Appreciate there may be something deep in the snowheads archive but don't have hours to read back all the posts.

I need a full season insurance for winter sports.

Do I also need carte neige?

What should I check I am covered for?

has anyone used insure-and-go? i'm finding them quite pushy.

cheers
sarah

Need? No.
But I always bought one. It gets you off the mountain (piste & off-piste) for no cost (inc choppers). You start paying when you are put in the ambulance.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
waynos, we have bought the amex one too
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
went for MPI standard cover and will buy the carte neige once I get a proper look at it in resort.

thanks all
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, Mouth, With Amex policy for activities like ski touring, which i'll be doing some this season, the liability cover does not apply. However I see that if you join the BMC (british mountaineering club) you get liability cover. Think i'll go for the combo of the 2 (amex and bmc membership) as it works out quite reasonable cost and is pretty comprehensive. Happy and safe skiing.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We do Atlas Direct every season - cheap, and when we claimed once they paid up straight away
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowsteve, that looks an interesting policy - trips up to 365 days! Looking at their website I couldn't immediately see how their rules work on off piste skiing?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just had a look at the policy wording ...

Quote:
if Winter Sports cover is included You are
still not covered for the following activities: Off piste skiing or snowboarding unless
accompanied by a locally qualified guide, skiing against local authoritative warning
or advice

... so as long as you're with a guide you're covered - will suit some, but not others I guess.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
queen_sheba,
Quote:

Probably. If an element of cover is important to you email them to double check even if it is in black and white.

One sticking point with 'season' insurance (i.e. you are going be in resort for the whole season) appear to be trips home, and/or trips away to other resorts. In some cases returning home for a weekend will cancel your policy. In another case I heard about recently some was not covered as they were doing a season in country A, but went 'next door' to country B for a weeks training. They needed to claim but the claim was refused as it counted as a 'new trip'.

The last time I organised a seasons cover I went ski club but according to bertie bassett that may not be an option. Prior to that I used Fogg seasonal cover, although you would need to watch the returning home thing. But it's cheap enough to buy again if needed.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy