Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

cheap places to buy skis online?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any cheap places to buy skis online, shipped form Europe?
I've never bought skis in the UK and probably don't intend to as the shops seem to charge twice the price for them that they do in Europe (out of resort).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sport conrad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
GordonFreeman, You got 744 posts and have never looked at Ebay????????????????????????
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmm, I've bought 3 pairs of skis this year, 2 from the UK and they weren't expensive at all in fact good deals and a pair of the giveway Coreupts from Sport Conrad.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.sport-bittl.de

I got some skis from them earlier this year, great service. Their website isn't in English but I managed to get by to find what I wanted and then a very helpful guy on the phone talked me through the order process. All arrived a few days later. Very impressed.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Or www.evo.com in the US.

If you send them an e-mail they'll give you a price which includes all the shipping and import taxes to the UK.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As discussed in another post SportPursuit has plenty of offers on. K2 skis are on offer at the moment and had Elan skis on offer a couple of weeks ago. Worth keeping an eye on

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 30-10-12 11:29; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I bought from Ekosport in France, great service plenty of offers on last seasons kit too.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Best bet for buying in UK is to wait until after this years season and buy the stuff in the sale....you'd be amazed at how cheap you can get things with a little bit of careful negotiation. That is if you are wanting the skis new and can wait till the end of the season. There are plenty of good deals on ebay if you keep an eye out for second hand skis and also in the ski classifieds section of this forum.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Might be worth trying your local ski shop for a price match. I bought some blackeye TI's last week in snow and rock (Dublin store) and while they quite didn't price match, they came close enough to make it an easy decision to buy local. They came within €45 of sport conrad and included a set of poles and my first service free, which more than made up for the difference.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
http://www.glisshop.co.uk

French company, got some skis from them earlier this year in their sales, might be a bit late to get a bargain from them now, of course. Jolly cheap, and they have at least one member of staff who speaks excellent English. Most places sell last year's stock pretty cheaply... just a matter of catching them at the right time. Ski Bartlett, Lockwoods (both in the UK) and Telemark Pyrenees all spring to mind as places that have had cheap stock that caught my eye in the past.

Down Skis had some startlingly cheap and rather nice looking skis in their presale this year, but that's long past now. Start shopping in April, May next year, is my recommendation!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
GordonFreeman, I'd re-check UK shops, with the Euro being as it is you may be surprised, especially if you can find 2011/12 stock still available, ie

http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/sale_skis_bindings_and_ski_poles-153.aspx
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Andy06 wrote:
Best bet for buying in UK is to wait until after this years season and buy the stuff in the sale....you'd be amazed at how cheap you can get things with a little bit of careful negotiation. That is if you are wanting the skis new and can wait till the end of the season. There are plenty of good deals on ebay if you keep an eye out for second hand skis and also in the ski classifieds section of this forum.

And depending when you need them if this year is anything to go by the end of season sales seemed to start around the end of Feb half term so perfect for our Easter trip to the alps.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
May I just add SnowHeads - I'm buying all my ski's here at the moment (and some coreUPT from Sport Conrad). If you have to go mainstream and are not too fussy about choice or year then +1 for SportPursuit but also Ski Bartlett and Edge&Wax have good deals from time to time. Cheapness being a relative concept, if you want a top notch service as well as a custom set up SpyderJon's yer man. TBH tho, some of the best deals are here.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Telemark-Pyrenees's end of season sale. http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/en/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy