Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pre-BASI training and assessment at Hemel

Poster: A snowHead
little update we have had two cancellations for this course and have some space for the 11th of May. anyone who was interested this should be a really good day. we just finished an L1 coach course and everyone really enjoyed it.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for a good session yesterday skimottaret and rob@rar

It was really useful to get some insight into what the requirements and expectations are for Level 1, as well as some additional training as well.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would also like to say thanks to Rob and Scott for a really good day. A very valuable course, I now have a much better idea about what is expected of me at L1, and the personal performance analysis was very useful.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If anyone books up a BASI course please let us know... always good to see people take it further.. Me thinks there are a few more snowHead instructors in the making Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, I must add a personal thank you to rob and scott. It was an excellent course, extremely useful and very good value for money. Lots of experience and knowledge imparted over a day and for me it was exactly the kind of thing I needed to inspire me on further.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi all,

We are going to start running some Performance Clinics aimed at Level 8 and higher skiers and for those who are interested in training for Coach or Instructor courses.

They will be more intensive and individual than our monthly clinics and will be 4 people per coach max. 2 x 90 minute sessions on the hill with video review in between. priced at £89

Not sure if afternoons or evenings work best. We had run a few evening sessions but at 3 1/2 hours most were pretty knackered for work the next day and or struggled to get to hemel in time so we are thinking Monday afternoons 1:30 -5:00 with a 5 hour lift pass 1-6 so you can warm up before and practice after wards.

proposed dates 14 june, 12 july, 16 aug, 13 sept, 11 oct, 22 nov, 20 dec.

what do you think?

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 29-05-10 18:19; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sadly can't make Monday afternoons in June and July but might be able to make the August one, the rest I can't make either - any idea of cost and whether it's okay to pitch up for the one rather than doing all/most of them and are they aimed at people at entry level (BASI L1) or other levels too?

Have you considered weekends?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What do you class as level 8?

Tempted by either the august or sept one
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
roga, Ooops putting up a price would have been good idea ... £89 all in. very okay to just come as and when. With the group size being so small we can make it very individual and can cater for all levels given that everyone will already be a good standard. We will work mainly on personal performance but with some instructor / coach demos and drills thrown in if people want to work on that. demos could be quite challenging and well past central theme again depending on the groups desires. I would like to think we would attract some good skiers who are already qualified as well and are aiming for higher levels but time will tell...

Weekends are still fairly busy and over the summer months they may have more freestyle furniture out. sat / sun is too busy other than late afternoon / early evening to do the stuff we would like to do but if no one can make monday we will need to rethink this and offer an evening session. We had tried evening 3 1/2 hours sessions before but they werent of interest as it was just too long of a day for people. Monday and Weds eve is race training and th/friday freestyle so tuesday or sat sun is the only option for a later session.

BiG_tYrOnE, our normal skills clinics start at our level 6, have a look at our site for description on levels http://www.insideoutskiing.com/levels.html
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
All those dates work for me except the Friday one 17th September.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I would be interested in something like this. Mondays/Fridays are best for me
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
we are also considering doing these on sundays 3:30 - 7:00 with pass active from 3 to 8.

what would be preferable? sunday afternoon or mondays?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Monday for me
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sundays are better for me- but I am still down in Cornwall so it depends when I am around. Mondays are still ok though. I am keen on the L1 coaching course.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mondays for me
latest report
Have to say I am very interested by this and Sundays would be best but if Mondays are the majority choice I can live with that
snow conditions
Mondays are a better bet for a lot of reasons so i think we will leave it as is.....

Will be updating our website in a few days to add the product and will advise here when we are able to take bookings...
snow report
Touchguru, have changed the september date to 13th.
snow conditions
That works for me now skimottaret

Do we go online to the InsideOut website and book the course dates like normal?

Thanks
TG
snow conditions
skimottaret wrote:
If anyone books up a BASI course please let us know... always good to see people take it further.. Me thinks there are a few more snowHead instructors in the making Toofy Grin

I am now booked for BASI Level 1 at Hemel from 21st June. Looking forward to it.
ski holidays
Touchguru, yeah, but i am meeting with rob to confirm a few details today so leave it till tomorrow if you dont mind... i am on hols on the 13th so need to check rob can do that week...

Good Luck for the Course!!!!!!!1
ski holidays
skimottaret, Monday 13th September is good for me. I'm scheduled to do a Building Confidence clinic in the morning.
snow report
rob@rar, dont know how the friday got put down, musta been finger trouble on my part.

Touchguru, i put up all the booking pages over the weekend so should all be set to book.
ski holidays
thanks skimottaret

I am all booked for the June, July, August, September, October and November dates. I am away when the December one is on.

Who said skiing was only a winter sport?? Very Happy
latest report
Touchguru, thanks for the bookings. It's great to have a facility like Hemel so we can feed our obsession year round Smile
snow conditions
Hi All, we have just confirmed 13 July as the date for our next Pre BASI level 1 instructor assessment day, anyone interested?
snow report
Well I just finished my BASI Level 1 Instructor course at Hemel and passed!!! Very Happy

This is due in no small part to both rob@rar's and skimottaret's tuition over the past few months. There is no way I would have passed without their coaching and input. A big thank you and thumbs up for their guidance and instruction.

Just for information - there were 14 people taking the course and 10 passed.
snow conditions
Touchguru, hooray! Well done!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Touchguru, excellent and congratulations Very Happy I knew it was never in doubt. Onwards and upwards to L2!
snow conditions
Touchguru, fantastic news, with all the practice and hard work you put in i knew you would get it. !!
latest report
Touchguru, Well done! See you at Hemel next month
ski holidays
Thanks for the congrats Hurtle, rob@rar, skimottaret, and angel

Hopefully see you all at Hemel soon Very Happy
snow conditions
Next date for running our Pre-BASI assessment clinic is Tuesday 21 September. Booking details will be on our website shortly. If you're interested in starting ski instructor exams but aren't sure if your skiing is at the right level this might be a useful clinic for you.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy