Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A few more stupid newbie questions

Poster: A snowHead
Mike-H,
Quote:

No, but the book states it's 5 mins from ski lifts.

Sad Oh, that doesn't really help with which hire shop is nearest as there is a lift at each end of the village.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

not really - she'd be a pain in the queue!

when you said queue did you mean bum? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

No, but the book states it's 5 mins from ski lifts.

Oh, 1800 has a lift at each end! So can't really help with 'nearest hire shop' question.
15 moths and 19 months, I am surprised you haven't asked the 'shall we take / will we need the buggy' question Toofy Grin

oops hadn't noticed the new page Laughing Embarassed
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

there is a lift at each end of the village.

Great - I had better try contacting Crappy Crystal
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Book begginners skis online with snowrental, lot cheaper than in resort and if you use the code SNOW45 you will get another 10% off.

Skis and boots for beginners should be around 78 euro plus another 10% off that, if you book online you can pick them up the evening of the 26th or morning of 27th

http://www.snowrental.net/be/ski.asp
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mike-H, Laughing Crappy Crystal, with our kids we had one brilliant holiday with them and one really mediocre one with them Very Happy But a long time ago now.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh yes and with snowrental there is one shop in Plagne 1800 and it is a Sport 2000 shop. They are well sign posted and stick out like a bulldogs danglies Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

'shall we take / will we need the buggy' question

Have you tried carrying a 15 month old child for several hours either side of a two hour flight? I will def take buggy if only for the airport. When we get to the village we will sellotape her to plastic tray and drag her through the snow Toofy Grin (jokes, please do not call the social)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mike-H, ah flying, yep, we never risked that with all the gear needed for the kids Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We only have one child per family so we can about manage with suitcases.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mike-H, Good for you, long may it continue wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Oh yes and with snowrental there is one shop in Plagne 1800 and it is a Sport 2000 shop. They are well sign posted and stick out like a bulldogs danglies

Are they OK? That is where i got my prices from in the previous posts. I do hope they are near my chalet.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
we bought a cheap £20 buggy for flying - then you dont tend to worry about damage.

Mike-H, I've chucked my brochures now but I seem to recall that some of the did have location maps in them, maybe on the first page of the resort - worth you having a look as that would help in locating the nearest ski shop.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Good for you, long may it continue

I doubt it. We are talking about the next one already so will probably dip out for a year or two. Shame as i think i am going to love it. But then i love being a dad too. Lifes about balance (a bit like skiing i suppose)
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mike-H, Both of mine were born in September so as not to interupt skiing holidays Very Happy and Granny came for their first couple of hols as well wink
If only ski familie with it's bring Granny for free had been around in those days Toofy Grin
snow report
If only they had a bring granny and grandad for free- that would be great. Mind you i had not heard of the bring granny offer. I would be tempted to pay for the other oldie out of my own pocket.
snow conditions
Mike-H, skifamilie is a regular on here, although he doesn't push his wares! http://www.skifamille.co.uk/NewsOffers.php
snow report
Mike-H wrote:
Quote:

Oh yes and with snowrental there is one shop in Plagne 1800 and it is a Sport 2000 shop. They are well sign posted and stick out like a bulldogs danglies

Are they OK? That is where i got my prices from in the previous posts. I do hope they are near my chalet.

Yep they are okay, have used snowrental for last 7 years and on most occaisions the shops are Sport2000. Can be other places, depends where you go
ski holidays
Timbobaggins, have used the sports 2000 shop in 1800 good location right by the ESF meeting point, bus stop and run down to the chair lift, pleasant people seemed to know what they were doing.
latest report
Does this image of the "chalet" help anyone knowledgable about La Plagne?

snow conditions
nbt, I know where I think it may be but only 50% sure Sad If you put the chalet name in Google lots of TO's come up but none mention the location Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, yes they do - it's right next to the kid's creche wink
snow report
If you go for a backpack then I suggest a helmet. If a strap gets caught on something as you get off a lift you need all the protection you can get (I know somebody who would be RIP if they hadn't been wearing a helmet when this happened). I prefer not to take a backpack and for this reason look for as many pockets as possible when choosing a ski jacket.
latest report
Quote:

yes they do - it's right next to the kid's creche

Which is why i booked that accomodation. I think thats our room on the right. Does anyone know how close the ski rental shop is to either that picture or the creche next door?
latest report
Hope you have a good hol - you have lots of advice already.

Have been with Crystal before and have booked lift passes on the coach which have so far always arrived with reps by the end of breakfast so no queuing at the lift office.

We now take our own gear but when we hired before we booked our ski gear online with no problems - whilst there may be a queue the shops really are used to getting you your gear relatively quickly. If you have small children whilst you're at the shop check out hiring a sledge/toboggan for the week - these can provide endless entertainment and useful for short towing trips! (check out your chalet too as this may have a couple!)

To find out where your accommodation is and the nearest hire shop consider giving the tourist office a ring - they may be able to advise you - beware if you ask Crystal the reps will invariably have arrangements with one specific ski gear shop for the season - this may not necessarily be the one that gives you the best deal or the best equipment!

I take a small backpack sometimes - useful particularly for snacks with the kids or extra stuff if the weather is variable, but in previous years just fill up pockets of ski jacket! Certainly for the first couple of days until you get the hang of a resort it can be useful to take some extra neckwear, goggles/sunglases with you but you'll probably find once you get the hang of the place you don't need to take as much. On our first skiing trip me and other half set off out in thermals, ski wear, gloves etc - after about an hour we had to go back to the hotel and strip off half our layers in order to avoid spontaneous combustion - you can get surprisingly warm skiing when the sun's out Embarassed
snow conditions
Mike-H, I think phoning the tourist office is a good idea. Checked the brochures, First Choice say its 400m to the lifts and 400m to the centre.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy