Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booking with eurostar on the indirect (via a paris change) overnighter.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
just looking at getting the train to Moutiers from London, but the website doesn't give much info.
I presume this is just a seat from paris - moutiers? any experiences - will it be the journey from hell!
Twisted Evil
thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ski train goes direct to moutiers.
Are you going friday/saturday?

If not then you need to change at paris.

Tux
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
norris, it's a good experience and convenient if you can get to St Pancras by about 6:30 on Friday.

If the ski train is not running - or you want to get a couchette rather than a seat for the overnight - arriving at Gare du Nord you then have the fun of getting across Paris - depending on how much gear you've got with you, you can take the Metro (one line - the 5 "vers Place d'Italie", nine stops, one Euro) or a cab (about 15 Euros) to Gare d'Austerlitz. Don't be alarmed at spending an hour in a siding or a station - they put an old engine on and give it seven hours to make a journey that takes three by TGV.

The worst part in my experience is loading your gear into a couchette being shared with five other people. Even if you do first class, it's three other people. And there's not much room, and none at all for skis...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I took the overnight (luna service or whatever they call it) from Gare d'Austerlitz to Bourg St Maurice and my experience matches Norris'. Hardly any space for luggage.

I don't think I will ever do it again, the cabin has 6 'beds' and is less than 9ft square, I hardly got any sleep and arrived at 7:30 very tired. Price was also very steep but I had some weird dates so it was that or 1 night in a hotel and cut into ski time. When I booked I suspected I would be roughing it and on the way back I booked the proper TGV service: loads of space, read a book for a few hours and it was much much cheaper.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you aren't confident - call rail europe and get them to sort for you. I do it often (estar to paris, change to overnight sleeper) and think it great, but it is a bit of a faff to book if you aren't familiar with the routes. Skis go UNDER the bottom bunk folks - no? If you aren't fussed about the extra day skiing use normal daytime TGV instead of lunea overnight - as others have said that's definately the civilised option. I do the overnight only when i can book an entire couchette aj xx
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy