Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help with Arc 1800

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. 4 people planning to go to France in early March 2010. 3 intermediate skiers and 1 total beginner. Arc 1800 looks great for all ski types.
So, am wondering if anyone knows of any decent 3star to 4star bed and breakfast places in Les Arc (1800) that also have a pool? Easy access to the nursery slopes would be great for the ski-noob, and ski-in-out would be great too.
Would also consider Arc 1950 and La Plagne (Plagne Centre or Soleil).
thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hello and welcome to snowheads.

Arc 1800 is a bit of a grim Stalinist housing project in teh Alps

Try Peisey or more precisely Le Villarette.

We go to Chalet Himalaya - there are great- although a chalet and not a B&B- but v. atmospheric, great hot tub / food/ friendly- a little wlk to get teh lift - to the lifys- not ski in ski out and not for those who want frantic Apres.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ginjaninja, Depends what you want. The Golf Hotel in Arc 1800 does B and B or half/full board. Has an indoor/outdoor pool, is right by the nursey pistes (20m) and main lifts. Ski in /ski out even in April. Rooms are good, but from the outside it does look kind off strange, but you never get to see that as it faces southish down the mountain and the skiing is all above you. Not the cheapist place, but does meet all your needs. Arc 1800 is the best place of all the Les Arcs stations for eating out and drinks (cheapist place). Sometimes a lot of students but from the hotel they do not disturb you. The bars can be lively.

You can also look at the Les Arcs web site and the Arc 1950 web site. Go to the snow reports page here and then the Les Arcs 2009/2010 thread for the links. If you find somewhere you are interested in, post again and I will try to help. Les Arcs has a great deal to choose from.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arc 1800 is a horrible looking place, Arc 1950 is the opposite ... but horrendously expensive to eat out. You could check out the Radisson in Arc 1950 which is a a very tasteful apartment-hotel - prices vary a lot so may be affordable when you want to go if you are lucky!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for all the replies - really useful.
I think we are going to scrap Les Arcs due to the prohibitive self-catering cost of 1950 and the ugliness of 1800. We are the sort of self-catering people who like to eat out more than eat in(!)
We are going to stay in the Granges Du Soleil in La Plagne Soleil. Looks like it suits our needs. not a huge choice of restaurants/bars, but Plagne Centre is not too far away it seems (short bus ride in the evening?), and we can ski to door in Granges Du Soleil (please correct me if I am wrong!).
Btw - this website is just great - genuinely useful advice for the troubled skier Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy