Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Childrens skis for a woman

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to buy skis for my wife for Christmas because we always have a lot of trouble renting them in a short enough length. She is 150cm and weights about 46kg and always complains that the skis we hire for her (around the 146cm mark) are too long and that she doesn't feel comfortable on them. She young and extremely athletic but an unconfident intermediate who's been known to get down the odd black run, but only when in the company of an instructor. I've been looking for 140cm skis but most at that length seem to be childrens skis, so I'm wondering how suitable they would be. Any suggestions of brands/models would be appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Childrens skis are a lot softer and would not provide the stability on 'the odd black run'. K2 do some really good womens skis (Sweet Luv being a good intermediate one) and sizes start at 142 in length.

She would need to use a ski length that is about eye height for piste skiing.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd second Ski Bat's comments.

My partner has been skiing 18 months, is just a little taller and heavier than your wife and is skiing a pair of K2 One Luv's 152cm in length. They're a bit longer than recommended but we couldn't get the '07 model in anything else. Had to be the '07 as, erm, she didn't like the graphics of the later models! She was a bit nervous of the length when we first got them but doesn't have any trouble with them.

It sounds like the issue is more confidence than anything else. But that's a tough one to resolve.

The One Luv's are available in 142cm as are the Atomic Cloud 7's which might work for her.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 30-11-09 21:27; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I went the other way and got my daughter some 144cm ladies Elan skis when she was 11, they were quite a decent ski. She's now, at 13, on 155cm twin tips and although taller than 150cm she weighs less than 46kg. I think the danger is that your wife would outgrow a very short ski quickly as she improves.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
vandarle, another option is to get skis designed to be very short - around 120cms. They can carry a lardy bloke, it's not about weight, but if your wife is really worried about having skis too long, they might give her confidence. Atomic make some. They are NOT like snowblades - they ski completely differently.

alternatively, maybe buy her some really good lessons instead of (or as well as...) the skis.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy