Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

1st Time Today........

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
paulio, twelfth of never if I recall correctly Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wuss.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Home, can't believe how exhausted we both are. Think 9 hours of snowboard lessons at 2,000m in 3 days is about the limit. Interestingly the company we used said that in beginner group snowboard lessons they make them take a day off mid week as it can get to much.

Glad I amused a few of you Evil or Very Mad Laughing but all the falling hasn't put me of the dark side. mrsfatcontroller was most definitely putting her board on e bay at 1pm yesterday but over pizza and beer in Geneva she did say that when we go to Les Arcs in 4 weeks she is up for another lesson and some more practice. Cool
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sherlock235 wrote:
thefatcontroller, great report on your experiences. also glad to hear you're intending to continue. good luck, and remember, ibuprofen is your friend. <-unless you're allergic, then i guess it's diclofinac(sp?)?

Tragic to admit I have had a knee injury for a year and was only signed of for insurance purposes 2 weeks ago Shocked . I was taking diclofenac anyway. Think the pain has evened out all over my body so knee does not feel that bad. I had knee pads on and was as careful as i could be to land gently, though having 2-3 foot of fresh snow fall did help.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thefatcontroller, oooh, ouch! best ensure you have your bindings in the perfect positions then! and i probably shouldn't be advocating that you take even more drugs/painkillers lolz. knee pads are a good idea. ~2 vin chauds for apres on days 2-4 normally sort out any of my pains at the end of the day.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FC good work on trying it out, The pain is immense the first week so get the ibprofen out:-)

I had one lesson at the snowdome and my mates took me straight to the top of bleuets, in Tignes, which is a fairly steep red run, and not blue like they told me:-(,

bumbled my way down in pain from stoving my a*s (as you can now imagine) then on my next run got smashed into by a dam skier, who happen to be a mate who I was there with!

My introduction to Snowboarding = Extreme pain! 8 Trips later and I love it!!!!!!!!

p.s. I took my girlfriend down a black run on here first day Skullie , result = Not happy AT ALL!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thefatcontroller, so are you ready to come stoke the powder with me now and rake some rails. Seriously though, I am well impressed that you lasted the three days. The 'darkside is Evil or Very Mad but oh so fun. If you fancy meeting up when you are in Les Arcs let me know, I am always willing to help out with a few tips if you want. And drink plenty of beer afterwards to help recover. Hope to see you when you are out. Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy