Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Great deals to be had....

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Just purchased some new poles at 50% discount and thought fellow Snowheads may appreciate the site - http://www.sports-outlet.co.uk Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
marky, 84 views and no-one says thanks! ha-ha!

Cheers for the link, the store looks good mate. Let us know if everything arrives ok. Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks fr0sty Little Angel

Poles were ordered yesterday lunchtime and were delivered by Royal Mail this afternoon (I didn't pay extra for next day delivery - Just used there f.o.c. delivery option). What a result Toofy Grin b - I paid a total of £24.99 for a carbon pole that was retailing last year for £50 (Snow + Rock are retailing the same pole this coming winter for £60). This site get's thumbs up from me.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sounds good. Will most probably buy some tonight as well!!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks from me I have bought these poles Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
marky,

Thanks for the link, need some new poles to go with the Aztec Pros Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good site, just snatched up the Scott ski bag. Takes 4 pairs of 193's and boots apparently. £54. Kicks the poo-poo out of a DaKine Concourse!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
marky, how flexible are they? compared to an alloy pole?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Liveezy, which backpack did you get. only ones i see on the site are 17 or 27£. did you get it yet? if so whats it like? my main priority is comfort so would be interested to know how it sits on the back and whether its got the back support ventilation type system
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I got the luggage bag foir transporting skis. here.. http://www.sports-outlet.co.uk/epages/es122229.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es122229/Products/210912

I haven't got it yet. Im slightly pissed though as ski baggage allowance is 20kg which is not that much really.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Liveezy wrote:

I haven't got it yet. Im slightly pissed though as ski baggage allowance is 20kg which is not that much really.

With almost all airlines and TO's nowadays, the baggage allowance (which varies but is usually either 15Kg or 20Kg) does NOT include skis.

You have to pay extra for the skis, but it does then give you more total weight allowance (which again varies, giving anything from 10Kg to 17Kg extra).

And excluding the skis, 20Kg should be plenty. Even with my boots in my main case, I have never gone over that.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Liveezy wrote:
I got the luggage bag foir transporting skis. here.. http://www.sports-outlet.co.uk/epages/es122229.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es122229/Products/210912

I'm taking 3 pairs of skis, 2 sets of poles, fully body armour and avy equipment so my gear will weigh slightly more. Which would be ok if i didn't have to fly with ryan air. I have paid (each way) £40 for ski carriage, £15 for my first checked bag and then £35 for my second checked bag. I think the skis alone weigh 18 and my bag weighs 3! I think im going to have to take the bindings off the skis which i really really dont want to do.FFS!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
oh yea and each extra kilo over the 20kg allowance costs £20!!!! Why cant i just ring up and ask for more before hand as i know its goinna be over!! Grrrr Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Liveezy wrote:
Liveezy wrote:

I'm taking 3 pairs of skis, 2 sets of poles, fully body armour and avy equipment so my gear will weigh slightly more. Which would be ok if i didn't have to fly with ryan air.

Or almost any other airline.

You will find very few where the standard allowance is more than 20 Kg (there are a few around with 23, but they aren't "budget" airlines).

You are taking rather a lot, by any standards, and the budget airlines are simply not suitable for people with a lot of luggage. But even the non-budget ones would struggle with that lot unless you pay quite a bit extra.

Quote:

I have paid (each way) £40 for ski carriage, £15 for my first checked bag and then £35 for my second checked bag. I think the skis alone weigh 18 and my bag weighs 3! I think im going to have to take the bindings off the skis which i really really dont want to do.FFS!

You have a total weight allowance of 50Kg for that lot (2 * 15Kg bags, plus 1 set of skis at up to 20Kg), but you may well be charged an additional £80 (£100 if done at the airport) for the 2nd & 3rd pair of skis, since your £40 only covers one pair.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I hadn't really thought about that, cheers for the heads up. Surely if the limit is 20 then i can take any amount up to 20kg. At least i hope so. It is allot but im going out for 2 months so its justified. Guess i need to get onto ryanair, if they have a call centre, which is doubtful.
ski holidays
This is from their site what do you think..

Q. Can I bring my sports equipment or bike?

A. Sporting equipment including but not limited to large fishing rods, golf clubs, bicycles, scooters, fencing equipment, surfboards, bodyboards, snowboards and skis and large musical instruments including but not limited to cellos, harps, double bass and drums are inherently unsuitable for carriage by airlines operating fast turnarounds such as Ryanair. However, these items may be carried in the hold of the aircraft in addition to your personal checked baggage allowance up to a limit of 20 kilos per item upon payment of an additional discounted fee per item, per one way flight if booked online. If the item is not booked until arrival at the airport or through a Ryanair call centre the full fee will apply (Click here for rate details). Any item of sports equipment weighing over 20 kilos will be charged for the excess weight at the applicable rate per kilo.

Due to space limitations on the aircraft, we recommend that all sports equipment is booked online either at the time of booking or via the Manage My Booking section BEFORE a passenger has checked in online. Click here for details
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy