Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Here comes the snow !

Poster: A snowHead
The alps are about to get the first dump real dump of snow starting sunday night.

Up to 50 cm..... depending on or far east you go.

http://www.snow-forecast.com/maps/dynamic/switzerland

All the mutterings on here can cease, Season Starts next week.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nixmap, if you're wrong I'm coming to get you Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Right, I have had ENOUGH of this.

Bring.
It.
Motherlovin'.
ON!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
But I'm not out for another month! Not sure I can take much more of this! snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Local forecast on Peisey Vallandry site is now showing 8c and the warm winds for the next few days Sad

Life was so much simpler when I started skiing - you found out if there was snow when you got there!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Life was so much simpler when I started skiing - you found out if there was snow when you got there!

Not for me, I started checking the conditions about a month, maybe more, before my first trip back in the dire season of 06/07 but luckily back then I didn't need powder, just semi decent coverage whereas now you're after a deep stable base with 15cm of fresh on top. This has got to be the most riddiculously weather dependant sport there is, especially big mountain freeride stuff.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rambotion, ah, but then you're a very, very, recent new skier. I remember when teletext reports started - I used to peer at them anxiously and they didn't change for days, and it was never clear what they meant.

Just like now, really.

nixmap, there are so many threads already about the snow which is supposed to be completely burying large parts of the Alps in the next few days... if we were using paper we'd be knee deep already.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/La-Plagne/6day/mid

Not bad.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shimmy Alcott, I don't know where all these enormous barrages of snow are supposed to be going, but it doesn't look as though there are going to be earth-shattering quantities round the French Alps. Certainly meteo France doesn't seem to think so. Still, we'll be getting some, which is a big improvement on none. As for that snow-forecast to which you've linked, it's OK as long you're allowed just to pick the bits you like the look of! Their forecast of a return towards rather higher high temperatures (2750 FL in a week's time, if you look at the 9 day) is not so jolly but that's a long way off. The F word (as brian so aptly puts it) is featuring in quite a few forecasts still. Too soon to stop dancing!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
They're not accurate as a 5-day forecast, much less a 9-day one!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, Indulge me Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
La Plagne forecast is not too promising IMO, i'm out there on 14th December Confused So fingers crossed!

The East side of the alps looks to be getting a good pasting over the next few days though.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w wrote:
rambotion, ah, but then you're a very, very, recent new skier. I remember when teletext reports started - I used to peer at them anxiously and they didn't change for days, and it was never clear what they meant.

how many time did you watch for page 23 out of 45 and miss it? only to be told there was 45cm of snow....... when you got there it was either powder paradise or rock hell
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
After a beautiful Saturday. ( see http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=57623#1382548 ) Incredibly windy overnight with a sou'westerly and even less snow on the mnts compared to yesterday. The snowline is around 1900 but skiable snow (outside of marked and open pistes) can be found from 2700m on south facing slopes, perhaps 2000-2200 on north facing slopes.

Currently looking like some snow on Tuesday down to 600-800m then warm weather at the end of next week.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
daehwons, ah yes! Had forgotten about having to wait for page 23 out of 45. Laughing But my ratio of days spent "watching" compared to days when I "got there" was probably about 100:1 so I couldn't claim to have amassed much empirical evidence about how reliable those pages of names and numbers were.
ski holidays
Doesn't sound too bad in Val D'Isere from http://www.alpineexperience.com/news.html

Quote:

November 28th.

Clear blue skies and -4C greeted us this morning for the opening day of the season. We had a good turn-out as Chris skied with Michael C and his mate Nick, Andreas entertained Sasha, Jeremy, and Jerry, while I skied with John, Margaret, Penny, and Richard F. We all dove off the edge of the Verte after about six warm-up turns on the piste and stayed off-piste for the rest of the morning. We played off the Verte, the Borsat, Grand Pre, Campanules, lower Chardonnet, and then Familial to finish. Thankfully we had great visibility to read the snow as it wasn't good everywhere, and we all left great 'Alpine' tracks. It was an excellent first session finished off with a lovely lunch at Les Tufs. A foehn is forecast tonight with a rough, grey, windy day tomorrow, followed by between 20 to 50 cm's on Monday and more snow off-and-on during the week. Anyway, I'm a Happy Hammer tonight after a 5-3 win against Burnley.
latest report
Light snow on and off this morning in Zermatt, but very high winds at resort level. Hate to think how blustery it is up on the hill!
snow report
I Just left my place, no sign of it yet but something is definately cooking.
Things looked ominous on the south ridge.
ski holidays
Boris wrote:
nixmap, if you're wrong I'm coming to get you Laughing

Have no fear, Boris, Im well known on this forum for always being right. Cool
ski holidays
It's snowing in Val D'Isere at village level.

It's not snowing in St Anton at village level but it looks as though there is precipitation up the mountain which hopefully will turn into good snow. Those SHs already in resort may give us an update in another thread.
ski holidays
It's snowing in Aime 650m and settling over 800m, temperature is 3 degrees and I am heading up to Vallandry this afternoon to play.
latest report
Woke up to the sound of early-morning snowploughs... tons of fresh snow this morning in Zinal and still snowing hard...
snow report
It's snowing and settling here, now (640m)
ski holidays
cheers all those who are out there, keep the updates coming. anyone in the Portes Du Soleil able to give us an update??? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Ricklovesthepowder, http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=55329&start=200
ski holidays
this is all good news, fly into geneva weekend after next and have been wondering were to go to get some decent snow..and bam looks like pretty much everywhere is on the cards now..will make choosing even harder.
ski holidays
tippimg down in La Rosiere at the moment, forecast is to continue through the night and snow again on Weds.
latest report
50cm of new snow in Livigno down to the resort level - 1800m, similar just across the boarder in St Moritz. Less than 2 weeks to GO !!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DavidL - just what I want to hear! How's it looking for base and opening week? Thanks
latest report
Cunners, there was 90 cms on the mountain before this dump and the ploughs have been out working, so it should be OK for opening on the 12thDec. I've only ever known the opening to be delayed once in the past ten years.
snow report
DavidL - music to my ears too. We'll be there on the 20th. Christmas in the snow - can't wait.

Actually if I try a bit of off piste as planned it will literally be Christmas in the snow.
ski holidays
David L wrote:
Cunners, there was 90 cms on the mountain before this dump and the ploughs have been out working, so it should be OK for opening on the 12thDec. I've only ever known the opening to be delayed once in the past ten years.

snowHead Thanks
latest report
Even snow in Zürich. I bet it will be rubbish this weekend ...... NOT.

From what I can see it will warm up for the holidays though. It will Probably rain with freeze thaw throughout and create serious hard pack. Sad
Still musnt grumble at least it will keep the riff raff from scraping all the base away.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy