Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dakine fall line double ski bag

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can you get three pairs of ski's in them? Ski size's I need to get in are one pair at 160 one pair at 165 and one pair at 180. It would just make the train journey much easier if we had just one bag of ski's.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
clive5, could get 3 pairs in but wouldn't be able to fit your boots.....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've only managed to get two pairs in but mine measure 189 and 174. It's the bindings that get in the way of each other so I don't know if it's feasible removing those and putting them in a separate bag?

Sorry to hijack the thread but has anyone had trouble taking this ski bag on a charter airline?

I've taken it on BA in the past no problem but see that the charter airlines rules are a bit more restrictive, I'm flying with Thomson this weekend and they state I can take...

20 kg hold bag
6 kg ski bag (additional charge paid for), but it states that only skis or board in the bag
10 kg hand luggage.

I'm wondering if they'll be ok with my combining my hold bag and ski bag into a 26-30 kg dakine coffin bag and a small backpack as carry on luggage?

Puzzled

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 15-01-09 15:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bucking bronco, split 2 of the 3 pairs of skis.. place 2 flat in the bottom, 2 flat against either side (all bases pointing out the way) and 1 pair down the middle..?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arv - that is inspired! You Sir should go on the Krypton Factor
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bucking bronco, means no room for boots but it works. For the record I will be fitting 189/175 twins/174 with flat tails in to the bag! So 3 pairs of pretty big skis. I wish I could take credit for it but I am sure I read it somewhere online... Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bucking bronco, Don't most ski's weigh more than 6 kg never mind the bag?

, arv, Thanks for the Tip about splitting the ski's
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Clive5, your right, my skis weigh something around 7kg?

Just phoned Thomson up and they said it was fine to combine my allowance - brilliant!

Apparently there are cheeky barstewards out there who will try and take a coffin sized ski bag and a big samsonite!

Now the problem of 26 kg... Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bucking bronco, I take my Fall Line and my 160 litre split Toofy Grin

Also the camera bag and the backpack on to the flight.

I feel it is my duty to try and milk it, I only weigh about 65 kilos dripping wet so I have to try and make it up to the dudes carrying round 100 some how.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
arv, are they all mounted flat? I have issues with my double bag with my GS and SL skis as they all have riser plates and the Salomon heelpieces are quite tall anyway. I wonder if I could fit both pairs plus my Legend Pros (flat) in a Dakine bag.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sideshow_Bob, still to receive the 189s (Flat with 614s) but my 175 ARVs are flat with PX15s and the 174 Vists are mounted up with a plate.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
would you be able to squeeze a 172 ski into the 170 bag, or better off going for the 190 bag?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DazUltra, I'd go for the 190 if i was you. If only to fit in a bit of padding round your tips and tails.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy