Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Veysonnaz - any good? Reviews always helpful

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of Veysonnaz in the 4 valleys this year but dont want crowds or pumping bass at 2 in the morning and this place looks sleepy with good terrain and ofting. Any one been as would like a first hand experience?
Many thanks
Flog.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
flog873347, Skied the area (4 Valleys) which is excellent. Not stayed in Veysonnaz itself but you are right that it is a small village which will be much quieter than neigbouring Verbier. Another suggestion if you are searching for a more authentic Swiss village experience is Grimentz or Zinal which are across in the next valley - Val d'Anniviers. Best with a car though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have parked there a few times as its got a great bubble up to the top. Obviously you have the whole 4V to ski in, Verbier is a slightly more than an hour away skiing hard and dependant on queues etc although in the Printze area they are virtually unknown. You are right, it is quiet, nice enough though, a couple of hotels, my impression is that it is a German resort - ie a lot of German cars/busses about. A couple of small Supermarkets, maybe 4 or 5 restaurants. Great pizza restaurant next to the station. One ski hire place. If you want it even quieter have a look at Les Masses which is the eastmost bit of the 4V. Some beautiful chalets along there. There is an old 2 man takes you to the new 4 man and you can be up the top of Etherola in no time. Personally I prefer Nendaz because it is a lot bigger than Veysonnaz, there are tonnes of restaurants and bars, a couple of very big supermarkets but is totally non rowdy.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Veysonnaz is part of the quieter half of the 4V and has some lovely intermediate skiing and some good off-piste opps. In fact the Piste de l'Ours is my favourite piste in the 4V and they rave about the itinerary over the top of Greppon Blanc (although I've not done it yet).

I think Veysonnaz will tick all boxes for a small-ish resort with great ski terrain etc. My main negative is that there are still some t-bars on that side of the 4v, which frankly are just no fun and should be replaced ASAP ( - indeed perhaps they have been over the summer - will see when I get there in a couple of weeks Very Happy)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
1556garyt,
thanks for the good descriptions, may sound like the place to go. Let me know if the T's are still there!
flog
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Off piste over the back of Greppon Blanc is amazing - only thing is that the ski map shows a bus service but there isn't one. You'll need a taxi to get back to the lifts.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bucking bronco, There was a bus service when I did it but fairly infrequent departures. The liftman at the top of the tow will tell you if its running.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy