Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car hire from Geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any suggestions without paying an arm and a leg (£70 on Holiday Autos) for snow chains and All damage waiver.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We went with these http://www.autoeurope.com/ last year.

The car was superb and had pimpled tyres, which were put to the test in a big way and worked superbly.

We didn't ask for those tyres either, just came when we booked for a normal estate car.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
northwestfac1, all cars we have booked at GVA through Holiday Autos have had winter tyres as standard. BUy some chains at a supermarket in Annecy. Take out additional insurance for the damage waiver with http://www.insurance4carhire.com/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
YES THATS WHAT i THOUGHT BUT THE WEB SITE NOW HAS A 'WINTER PACK' AT 70 QUID!! GULP

ARE SNOW CHAINS UNIVERSAL - WITHIN REASON
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
northwestfac1, no chains aren't universal unfortunately, but less than £70, however, as the car you are renting will have winter tyres on it, I don't think you can avoid the charge. Seems like that is new for this winter. Time to look for another car hire place.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I don't think you can avoid the charge.

I suppose you could rent on the French side, don't opt for the winter pack, and buy a pair of supermarket chains (take a note of the tyre dimensions in with you). Then practise putting on the chains in the supermarket car park - you're more likely to need them without winter tyres, though when it's really bad and the police are insisting on chains they tend (in my experience) to insist on chains for all, regardless of tyre type.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy