Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lenses

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What is there difference between the Oakley lenses, such as Fire Iridium and Gold Iridium?

Both do Medium to Very Bright light. Similar light transmission, but what *is* the difference?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have just discovered an Oakley dealer in Donny - off to check them out on way to work now - may be a place to go and find out such answers when you're in Sheffield. http://www.extremesports.ltd.uk/oakley/index.htm
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The transmission spectrum is different. Oakley have a little picture that shows the transmission for each lens colour/base tint/coating.
I've had a gold iridium lens but not a fire iridium lens - don't use it anymore as I find it too dark. I mostly only ever use my hi-persimmon (orange with blue coating) and hi-blue (which is actually yellow with a blue coating), occasionally pink-iridium one which is a bit darker - all of these are classified low light lenses but I use them whatever.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stuarth, I've got the original persimmon, which TBH is scratched to..... I've got an unused HI Yellow, and I'm after something darker.

I am open to suggestions.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd get black iridium, not too dark and fairly useable in low light conditions (for me).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DaddyLouLou, the bloke in the Donny shop carries spare lenses, though at the moment is low on all stock as he's awaiting the new season delivery which should arrive any day. He says "iridium" in his view's a posh word for "mirrored". I found the Stockholm frame to be a good fit, and will probably go for a Persimmon lens on the basis that if it's super bright I can always use the sunnies.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Butterfly, cheers for that. The new lens will be going in my existing A frame. It fits both my face and helmet, which is useful.

Next time I'm Donny way, I'll pop in.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DaddyLouLou, might be worth ringing him first to check he has what you want. He says internet and shop prices are the same, and he often does discounts as he sells a lot of Oakley stuff.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DaddyLouLou,

You can also check out rubensmenswear.com in Barnsley.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This site has explanations and reviews of all Oakley lenses.

http://www.o-review.com/lens.asp
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jeraff, cheers. Why couldn't I find that.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy