Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has ANYONE flown with BmiBaby? Ques about weight...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.
On the verge of booking our hols and so last night made moves to sort out flights which we'd seen on BmiBaby for £78 incl taxes etc.

Silly me (who hasn't used budget airlines for the last few years) begins the booking process only to find out very quickly that the price doesn't include ANY luggage at all!!!

Anyway, my question is about ski boots, as it seems unclear as to their charges on the website.

I'm allowed 18kgs. They give you the option to check in either 0-5 bags, the price goes up depending on the amount of bags by approx 30 quid. BUT it seems your still only allowed 18kgs no matter how much more money you pay for extra bags... which seems a bit daft, why would I want to take pay for more bags if I can only spread the weight between said bags??

It then says the following:

"....ski or board shoes and poles are carried free of charge if carried with the relevant skis or snowboard"

Firstly, does this mean 'ski boots' and if so, do they have to be physically in the same bag as the skis? Or does 'carried with' mean carried by the same person??? I can't remember seeing a ski bag which had the facility to fit in boots as well - mind you, not been to Brighams for a while so I might be out of touch.

Its pretty important because it costs a fortune for every kg over the 18kg your allowed - and 18kg isn't a lot if you have to include ski boots in that!

Anyone shed any light???

Cheers
Dom
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I assume from this quote

Quote:
Ski boots that are checked-in without skis are to be booked as a pre-paid baggage item in the no. of bags drop down menu during the booking process and are subject to a £12.99/€15.00 or £14.99/€15.00 fee per sector per item when booked online.

That you are allowed them in a seperate bag from your skis because you have paid for the ski carriage.

From what I can gather from this you get an extra 18kg for the skis and boots (combined weight) on top of your 18kg allowance, but the bags must only contain things used for the sport, I doubt they'd check but it's worth noting.

Hope this helps

And welcome to snowHead Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers. Had a look around after I posted and we've booked on EasyJet for 40 quid cheaper and 2 kgs extra.

Thanks tho.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dom74, was that with ski carraige for your boots ? wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Never flown with them but do have an amusing anecdote about a dyslexic step-father-in-law, the BMIBaby website and a case of mistaken identity...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy