Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Seasonal short-term jobs - PGL etc

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, with the credit crunch and the reduced income at NBT towers, it doesn't look like we'll be taking our two customary ski holidays this year - in fact it looks like we might not get away at all, which I'm sure you can understand is rather frustrating!

Following a throwaway comment made to a friend, though, wheels began to turn. Said friend is packing her son off on his first ski trip with school - he's used to staying with them in Club med accomodation, so he's in for a surprise when he gets to experience the dormitories you normally get on school trips - but I digress, as always. ANyway, I jokingly said I could hide in his suitcase - or even go as a "responsible adult" - which then got me thinking - it might be an option

I know people have worked for PGL and the like, just wondering if anyone has any tips on which companies to look at and so on - the PGL site says they have recruited everyone for this year, but I reckon there must be others? I can ski ok, and speak french and spanish fluently. The only thing I'm not too experienced with TBH is dealing with teenage kids, I've got a 6 yr old nephew but a 16 yr old is a bit more likely to want to sneak off for beers...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skiplan, SkiBound and PGL all recruit peak season reps for school groups.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would guess that most companies will have done the bulk of their recruitment by now - but nothing gained by not trying them all.

Don't worry too much about the 16 yr olds sneaking off for beers. If you're repping a school group then the staff have the responsibility of patrolling that.....you just have to interpret at the police station when they've been arrested wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Look on the Natives site for more info. There have been a number of threads on peak season jobs recently.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,

I had a similar thought about a month ago, but all spaces had been filled when I applied (PGL and Equity). I must remember to get my application a bit earlier next year, as it seems they start recruiting in early summer, even for the week repping - I guess they are popular! Good luck though, there may be something out there still?!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Check out the Uni scene as well.

http://www.eventtravelcompany.com

http://www.offthepiste.com

Although you might be a little late this season, they both offer reping opportunities.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nbt, but if you go out for a peak week - surely they'll be expecting you to work pretty much full time and will you get much in the way of snowtime?

Might be worth PM'ng Wayne, certainly last season he was looking for peak season people, not sure whether they are this year.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bertie bassett, you get loads of mountain time - what do you think reps do all day while their guests are out skiing? Laughing

As school party rep you can usually expect to:
- take group to ski school meeting point
- meet them for lunch
- meet them after skiing
- run an evening event

And on an ad hoc basis:
- sort out lost lift passes
- translate at the medical centre/pharmacy/gendarmerie
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Skiing Europe recruit reps for peak weeks... but it's not a job I'd do!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy