Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to stay in Aspen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I am going to Aspen/Snowmass with the girlfriend in January 2010 for ten days.

I was wondering whether anyone had any recommendations as to places to stay?
We don't want to spend absolute top dollar but would like a good 3 / 4 star place. Has anyone things good or bad to say about Molly Gibson Lodge in Aspen or the Stonebridge Inn in Snowmass?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Simples, Welcome to snowHead heads

Never been there myself but if you look at the top of the page you can try a forum search but you may find more information by asking this question or doing a search on http://www.epicski.com/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not too much in the way of specific recommendations, but a couple of points on staying in Aspen vs Snowmass.

Aspen pluses: Great town, lots of apres stuff, direct buses to Highlands, Buttermilk, Snowmass.
Aspen negatives: More expensive than Snowmass, smaller ski area

Snowmass pluses: Less expensive, (much) larger ski area, recently redeveloped base village
Snowmass negatives: No (or very few?) direct buses to Highlands and Buttermilk, fewer bars / restaurants etc
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Stay Downtown Aspen, 100%

Snowmass is dead.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We stayed here in march this year...http://www.mountainchaletaspen.com/ Right opposite the bus station to get the buses to the mountains. centre of town for eating and an old fashioned ski type chalet. very cost effective and i thought just about perfect for skiing in aspen without spending a fortune.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Stayed in a Ski World chalet a few years back which was good value - at the bottom of Ajax mountain so walking to the slopes or downtown.

Shuttle buses ran between the four hills but we found the locals would pick us up before we got the the bus stop as they could then park close in for free though the car pooling scheme.

Enjoy!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
2 years ago we stayed in Aspen Mountain Lodge which worked really well for us. You're possibly looking for a bit more by way of stars than it offers but worth a look.
http://www.aspenmountainlodge.com/
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g29141-d85076-Reviews-Aspen_Mountain_Lodge-Aspen_Colorado.html

Just a wee walk to the centre and it's close to a ski bus stop. Had a great holiday, great skiing and great town.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks guys, all very helpful and much appreciated.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy