Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Goggles - a couple of questions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads,
I'm a boarder, and have a couple of trips coming up. I've updated most of my gear as my ability and knowledge increase, the one thing (other than my board - but that's a whole different story) that I've not updated are my goggles. I've had a couple of cheapo bog standard pairs (uvex and north face), but am now looking to spend a little more to get something that serves the purpose as well as something that I like / matches my gear.

I've been looking about on t'internet and quite like Oakley's Splice and Wisdom models and Dragon's Mace and foil. I'm wondering initially if anyone has any experience of wearing these models alongside a Red (brand, not colour) Mutiny helmet? I'm don't think there are many ski/snowboard shops about around here for me to try them.

my second question is one that I know has been addressed on this forum before - what lenses do I go for? - I have searched and have found a couple of topics that have helped me out.

I'd either like to go for 1 all round lens that'll suit most conditions (if such a thing exists) or 2 lenses for light and low-light. From what I've read I understand that Persimmon lenses are pretty good all round, but let a little too much light in if it's bright. Are polarized better for all round conditions? They seem to be more expensive, but I don't mind spending a little extra if they cover all bases?

The cheapest place I can find around (for the makes and models listed above) is here - http://www.shadestation.co.uk - does anyone have any experience with them, or can provide a cheaper / reliable site / store?

Any help appreciated,

Cheers,

Grim.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have some Smith with rose tint that I find confortable in all conditions.

As for frame / style its a case of what fitts your helmet best (if you wear one)
and budget.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have some Oakley Splice for sale Very Happy

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=57314
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oakley wisdoms aren't great for helmet compatibility, at least my mate had problems with his. The Oakley crowbars have the outrigger things which help with helmet fit. I have some electric EG1s and they come with a bright whether lens and a more all round lens. Might be worth looking into.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers for the help so far guys!

aargh I can't make up my mind now! I can see sense that the Wisdoms are the most likely to not fit my helmet. I found a little shop near where I live that only stocks Anon and Smith. Apparently Anon are made by Burton, the same as Red helmets are, so are likely to fit well, the Smiths also seem to fit well.

Does anyone have any experience with Smith Fuse or I/O models? or a decent model of Anons?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy