Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Directski.com?

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone any experience of booking with this company? I stumbled upon thier website and they seem to have some cracking deals to Austria in Jan on offer which seem to beat the big tour operators prices hands down.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AFAIK they;re based in Norn Iron, but have recently started to offer package holidays from the mainland
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Heavy advertising on the tube and the metro last year iirc.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
nbt, Dublin based in reality! They are owned by the son of the guy that ownes Topflight Holidays in Dublin. Offer the same holidays as topflight with a discount. Not bad have used them once or twice. Rep was usless but that didnt really affect us everything else was spot on.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rookiemark, Some girl working for them often makes an appearance here!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replies Guys.Fattes13, I'll bear that in mind, never have much to do with the reps myself either Just in the early stages thinking about booking end of December to get a lastish minute Bargain, for the 2nd or 3rd week in January,going to Austria or Italy for a change. I'm not sure if I can hold my nerve till then so If I find a really good deal before I may just go for it
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I went with them to Meribel for x-mas in 2005 (first trip) and to date it was the best chalet I've stayed in. We got a very good late deal. The rep wasn't up to much but the chalet lads were brilliant.

adrian
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Rookiemark, I hope they are ok, we just booked for Soll in Austria, saved £280 on exact same package with Inghams. They use Monarch airlines from Manchester, which is new to us - did find some negative reviews about overbooking of hotels; people being put in inferior accom (after booking -never thought to check other than making sure they were with ATOL and ABTA) so fingers crossed!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Used them for our return to ski holiday with the kids after a 10 year break.

They were fine, very straightforward online booking system, did exactly what they said on the tin. Would happily use them again, they just don't fly to Italy from London and I'm in the middle of a big love affair with Italy right now.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fattes13, I think they did buy a Northern Ireland company, SkiMcNeill, I have booked with them before the takeover. Booked with Directski on my first ever ski holiday and also last Christmas, no problems although the rep wasn't very knowledgable, as I normally DIY it I don't really see the point in a rep anyway. Ireland's largest Tour Op (Budget Travel) went bust two weeks ago so if you are booking with any TO check their accounts first!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nbt wrote:
A but have recently started to offer package holidays from the mainland

That's fightin talk to an irishman.

Anyhoo i digress. They're an irish company. We used them last year for a group booking of 20 to Les Arcs & no complaints from us. We barely saw the rep but we had reasonably high quality self catering accommodation & a large group so not being invited on the weekly pup crawl was of no consequence to us. Otherwise we'd no problems so no need to call on the rep after the initial getting to the accommodation & ski passes were delivered.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Only issue I had was having to wait for coach in road side carpark in the cold for an hour on return trip after rep organising getting a taxi from Chamonix to collection point, but at least I go to ski the Vallee Blanche on transfer day, after a failed attempt on Christmas day.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Used them a few times. No problems.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Peter Ross, how do you check a company's accounts, and would I undestand them if I did, I don't understand my own when they come back from the accountants! Puzzled

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 9-12-09 15:33; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If they are a plc I think they have to be published, only joking on checking accounts but good to be aware of the health of Tour Operators so if you hear of one closing shops and laying off staff it might be a sign of worse to come. However I think as TOs are bonded your loss would be covered, don't think it's the same if you just book with an airline.
snow report
if you book directly with an airline, your credit card company will cover you (if total cost of booking was between £100 and £30k) under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. actually this is true for any money you spend on credit card (but not if e.g. you book via an agent - reasons are somewhat technical but it relates to who you contract with (the agent) and who provides (or doesn't!) the service (the airline)).
ski holidays
boardiac, bad news though if you use a debit card! They are bonded though - and it's a package, so won't worry too much, just the inconvenience if anything goes wrong - don't want to be watching the snow melting as we sought the mess out!
latest report
We booked with the Ski mcneill part last new year though all the documentation was DirectSki. having booked ski carriage in advance, we were rang 3 days before leaving and told we couldn't take them. the Flybe plane couldn't carry more than 10 pairs. Needless to say we were not happy and I ended up having to hire some very inferior skis which were too small due to lack of choice in resort. The "lucky" people who did manage to get their skis on the flight were not so lucky after all as it turned out the plane was overloaded and the skis and boards were left behind. this has put me off booking anything with Direct Ski and I also check if other TOs are using Flybe. If so I don't book it !
snow conditions
jan, that must have been disheartening. Our flights are with Monarch, already checked that. I've noticed in the small print of many airline websites and Tour Ops that they do not "Guarantee" they will carry your ski stuff, even if you pay, it's down the total weight on the day - sometimes first come first served in the check-in queue is the only way to be sure. But we also got told at a check in desk that those that check in online get priority - not sure why!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy