Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When will it start to snow in Zell am see?

Poster: A snowHead
Just got back from a week in Zell and have to report things just got better and better as the week went on.

Started out with just 40cm on upper slopes and only 4 runs open - but it snowed on and off in various places all week - more opening every day - so by end lots more runs were open and 120cm up top and 10cm in the village.

From Thursday they had 2 of the long blacks (numbers 13 and 14) open down to valley floor. Have to say the bottom halves of those were very icy, and covered with large ice marbles and ice ruts from the piste basher tracks - so quite fun in a masochistic way Twisted Evil

Best snow was on the Sonnenalm area, and in fact at midweek had a foot of powder in places, particularly on closed runs that hadn't yet been bashed - and seeing as guided groups were using these, nothing was gonna stop me - fab snowHead

Kaprun was looking good too - but a lot more people out - so I prefered Zell overall.

Temps were very cold for week max/min at top -12/-18 and at bottom -5/-10 all week in Zell and it actually felt warmer on the higher slopes at Kaprun.

On leaving on Saturday it was snowing hard everywhere, all the way to Salzburg and was actually settling well on the main roads.

Piste control are planning on opening rest of area runs this week, when the crowds arrive.

Looks very good for this week, although temps go up a little too high for a day or 2 - but they drop again by the end of the week, and shouldn't have time to do too much harm.

Now what is lined up for me in Mayrhofen for 23rd Jan? NehNeh
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anybody got any further update on Zell at the mo? Flying out on the 2nd and the various reports I've looked at aren't the best.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skiing in Kaprun/Zell at the mo.

Full cover to valley on piste, although all artificial lower down. Still good skiing, not much off piste tho. If you ski/board on piste it's fine, if not you picked the wrong resort anyway.

GD
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hows it going in Zell? Is there still snow in the village? One report I saw mentioned temperatures of +11 today Confused
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.maiskogel.at/wb/pages/deutsch/webcam_3.php

Looks like fog in the valley and sun up the hill in Kaprun today
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The high temps are a bit of a worry! We're going there in just over a week, come on snow gods! Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Webcams seem to show that there was a snow fall yesterday - there is now snow covering the whole of Kaprun - yesterday teh nursery slopes at Lecnernerg were totally green with a minimal white strip or artificial snow donw the middle - today it looks like the whole of teh village is covered
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When I left on Sat it was snowing heavily (all night Friday) enogh that we were 2 hours delayed on way to airport, happily flight delayed too. Then discoverewd the self locking facility of my jeep at Glasgow. Made me very popular with family until one of the Airpark guys broke in for me.

I'm sure Zell will be skiing well all week.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We left Zellamsee on Monday ..there was a great snow fall on Friday night and Saturday and the pistes were fabulous ..off piste on the Schmitten was good too I believe . Sunday was blue skies and sunshine and great snow and the run down to village was good..a liittle green at the edges at the very end but it was fine.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hey all - thanks to those who've been updating conditions over the last couple of months. The time is here so I'm off for Zell am See for 10 days. I'll try to give updates on this thread on snow/piste conditions over there for those going in the near future. can't promise anything though, especially when gluhwein is involved!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
farlep99,

Have a good trip - we'll be coming out in a weeks time, and its looking nice cold and sunny at the moment
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We returned from Zell yesterday, had a great week skiing, lovely conditions, about 90cm at the top of the mountain and very few icy patches. It snowed for about 36 hours last tuesday/wednesday and that really topped up the snow on the mountains. Some really good reds and challenging blacks there, from Wednesday afternoon onwards it was blue sky and sun all the way, really good weather!

They are going to need to some more snow soon for conditions to remain good for the rest of the season so fingers crossed it comes, we spoke to some of the hoteliers over there and alot of them were empty due to people cancelling because of the lack of snow this year. But Zell is well covered with snow cannons and as long as the temps stay low i'm sure they'll make plenty of artifical stuff if need be.

Great resort, good apres ski and picture postcard village! Right I'm off to investigate next years trip!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Back from skiing Zell from Jan 17 - 26. Had snow the first few days, so there was some nice powder conditions off piste. On the piste was skiing nice as well. Towards the end of the trip it started icing up a bit as there hadn't been too much snow. I believe they recently had some in the last week of Jan/first week of Feb. Overall snow was definitely more sparce than last year and the previous year. But conditions overall were fine & we had a great 10 days! Can't wait to go back next year!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
farlep99,

it carried on snowing after you left - 4 more days of snow before we came back - was lovely ; especially on teh Maiskogel in Kaprun where nobody goes Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ah the Maiskogel, home of cheap grub Smile
snow report
Ghost Dog,

absolutely - - and they had built another place on the red below teh top - so lots of choice.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy