Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

what are these, then?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know what model these are? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150389535375&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Have asked the seller, but I don't think he really knows.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like a similar era ski to the P50 by the graphics.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Volkl V series (there were several models in the V series, V1, V2, V3, V-sport) carve-cruiser from around 7 years ago.

Your old 4800s were better than this.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
comprex, ta. Looking at cheap skis for someone who needs to learn this season or next. Will probably buy second hand in resort, but it's always worth trawling ebay anyway.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lizzard, look for 17m or less, in a length that will support the person's weight and strength. Most of ^those old Volkls were in the low 20s, 21-23m for 177cm lengths.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
comprex, I'm no expert but wouldn't 17 metres be a bit long for a beginner?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
comprex, has to be something on which he can start more or less from scratch and progress dead quick, needs to reach a good standard over a season.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I dont know but they have 'Market' bindings. Never heard of them before! Razz
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

they have 'Market' bindings

that'll be "marker" I think. Normal volkl bindings.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, I think your right, but i think your sarcasm meter is off. Those bindings have the lame biometric toe release. Don't bother.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lizzard, yes, that's exactly what I understood you were trying for.

"Good standard" as in technically correct skills (in which case I'd stay with teh carvers such as Dynastar Omecarve 10, Fischer RX6, Head ic 160, Nordica Speedmachine/SUV), 17m or less published radius. Benefit: control on ice. If he stays with technical skill development, he can grow up to be like Darth under a new name, skiing everywhere on 165cm SL skis.

If you mean "good standard" as in hooning about at high speed everywhere, get a mid-70s waist ski, 16-20m published radius. Benefit: easier high speeds with intermediate skills. If he stays with tactical athleticism, he can grow up to be like parlor, nothing less than 192cm in bumps.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I mean good technical standard. Hooning about is not relevant in this case.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy