Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Girls boards - Option Paloma vs K2 luna

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is just a wee review from Mrs Monkey. She got the option paloma last season and the K2 Luna this season. The Paloma was pretty flexy and so turned nice and tight, but Mrs M found it a bit too flexible to be stable around moguls and such like. Hence she was super slow and even i had to wait at every corner.

Then the board started falling apart - big chips started to appear in the top sheet. It was like the laminate holding the board together was poor, cos the chips tracked into the top sheet rather than stop at the edge. We got a few of them epoxied but it got silly. She tried to send it back under warranty but option said it was wear and tear from lift queues etc.

So Santa brought Mrs M a K2 Luna this year. It is slightly stiffer and turns a bit slower but Mrs M loves it cos it gives her more confidence and stability to point downhill, hence she was going like twice as fast. She also followed me off piste a bit this year and loved it. That was nothing to do with the board - just that her confidence was better.

In terms of construction, the K2 took some decent bashes in poor snow and off piste this year and doesn't even have any serious scuffs to report (compare that to the Option which was only used on piste in perfect conditions).

Long story short, the K2 Luna works well for Mrs M.

(Ps we also both got Drake fifty bindings. These are the poo-poo. End Of)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
this one seems quite good, nice lines and had a recent wax Very Happy
Obviously I really do not know much about ladies boards Blush

snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have a K2 Luna and I love it and she will be accompanying me to St Anton this weekend Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have been riding an Option Paloma for the past few years and it would take a lot of tempting to get me off it. Had absolutely no problems, rides like a dream and I can beat my OH down the hill on it! Sad to say, sounds like Mrs Monkey got a duff one.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had K2 skis and loved them, currently ride a boys 156 Burton Fish for the powder, has any of you girls out there tried the new 150 Fish, I think it might be the answer for us around 50kg as the 156 always felt too long
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy