Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Clobber

Poster: A snowHead
so has any one bought any new gear for the slopes this season ? I know Swirly has his split board Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rayscoops, you'd better hurry up if you want any for the start of your season wink wink

The only new bits of gear I have are new merino undercrackers Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
New board bag from Decathlon yesterday (£26), as Lidl didn't do their usual cheapie one with the rest of their snow stuff this year (thinking back I don't think they did one last year either).
That'll be it for me this year unless I break something...

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 15-01-10 12:52; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Timberwolf, yes true, so are you all fully signed up for Solden then too ?

Kruisler, I picked up a really silly large pair of bright green pants yesterday from Maxx Very Happy and I might get some new strap style Flows today from Bargainboards.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep, all sorted rayscoops although as ever, took a little of organising wink Really looking forward to it though. Be good to meet you.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Timberwolf, sure thing, and St Anton is not too far away and I may well stop off there for a few days at the end of the (Solden) week depending on the snow, which is one of the reasons I am holding off booking a hotel in Solden at the moment.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Got myself a new Westbeach jacket, some impact shorts and a nice pair of 32 Lashed. Gonna be getting myself a board/bindings once I get to resort.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah got the board, new goggles to replace the ones I smashed last season, still need new gloves. Would quite like some crampons too.

Might need new boots at some point and could do with upgrading my crevasse rescue kit although it's sufficient atm.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Swirly, I think you had better start writing to Santa wink I could do with new boots too but I can not justify them at the moment. I still have the same set up that I have had for three or four seasons now Shocked except for my padded undercrackers Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
got myself a Rome Anthem (08/09) to replace my deceased and denuded Rome Solution. warrantee job so no extra outlay Cool

also bought myself a fine Patagonia Primo jacket in TK max - reduces from €485 to €130. i know it's not on Gok Wans list but it's a fine bit of kit. i'm no slave to labels. €6 euro snowboard socks from lidl too.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Got myself a new 636 Jacket and Bonfire Pants for under £200 from SkiSurf2000 in Colchester the other day. Then I went a bit mad and bought an `07 Burton King (brand new) from Sick and Wrong for £120.00 delivered, and some Burton Mission Bindings (as new) for about £70.00 off Fleabay...

SORTED! -Apart from socks,... but hey, thats what xmas is for isnt it !!!???
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rayscoops wrote:
Timberwolf, yes true, so are you all fully signed up for Solden then too ?

Kruisler, I picked up a really silly large pair of bright green pants yesterday from Maxx Very Happy and I might get some new strap style Flows today from Bargainboards.

rayscoops I also bought a large pair of bright green pants from TKM, on Saturday. Orage 20,000/20,000 for £69. I will give the young dayglo pups a run for their money this year.
I'm also going to buy a pair of POC goggles(blue and brown) and an Ortovox backpack(yellow) before the week is out. All the gear, no..........
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
geofferson, I had sensible in one hand and just plain silly in the other, and silly won out in the end Very Happy Billabong (IIRC) for £40 Very Happy shame I could not find any orange coloured ones Shocked
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Orange jacket, bright orange/blue/white/grey bindings, board with various shades of awful orange and some bright green and white throw in....
Bright blue camelback...

Coud it get any sillier?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Picked up this years Skate Banana and going to get some Union contacts very very soon Very Happy
snow conditions
Kruisler, you could be a member of Billy Smart's circus with that combination wink
ski holidays
rayscoops, yes, too much....oops, sorry, just seen this is the snowboarding forum. Apologies for inadvertent trespass.
ski holidays
New Salomon boots and some Nike base layers.

I really want to buy more but I don't need anything.
ski holidays
Hurtle, you're welcome to join us anytime Laughing !

i went a bit silly after my holiday in jan when i was told i was a bit difficult to make out from a distance in black trousers and charcoal jacket. so i went and bought bright yellow moah trousers, bright green burton trousers, not-so-bright insulated maroon westbeach trousers (excuse = absolute bargain at a closing down sale).

and then roxy went and told me about their new season sample sale so i bought another pair(!) of purpley blue trousers, a fleece and a pair of gloves...

plus a quiksilver fleece, lots of base layers, a new signal board and salomon bindings. my excuse for all the clothing = my sister and two teenage nieces are coming over for a trip in jan 2011. they're unlikely to re-use the snowboarding gear, so i may as well lend them the kit they need, and then use it for the rest of my life! i also do freestyle and indoor sessions all year, so need gear for that too.
latest report
I am in the market for some new sunglasses but I am still awaiting some recommendations.
snow conditions
sherlock235, bright colours are better for photos, you just need a bright jacket now.
snow report
Swirly, Laughing er, nope. otherwise i'd end up looking like what i picture easyKruislerjet looks like!
latest report
Helmet from Lidl £16.99
ski holidays
sherlock235 wrote:
Swirly, Laughing er, nope. otherwise i'd end up looking like what i picture easyKruislerjet looks like!

Laughing
Good point, I am a mobile advertising platform and I should ask some sponsorship money from EZY! Toofy Grin

Funny thing is 2 seasons back I was donning a very fetching all black look! like millions other! wink

From one extreme to the other.... Laughing

I am still on step removed from a guy in our group last year, with bright blue trousers/jacket combo, bright board and pink bindings... but then he had the talent to pull it off!
snow report
Kruisler, any photos ? Shocked
snow report
rayscoops,
Jacket is not as bright as I remembered but you can see the rest.

As I said though, he can pull it off, the guy is bl00dy good...
ski holidays
Kruisler, i meant of your clobber wink

my new Flows just arrived Shocked Very Happy
latest report
rayscoops,

Are they on the board yet?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kruisler, nah, but they will be 6th December in Solden Very Happy
snow conditions
rayscoops wrote:
so has any one bought any new gear for the slopes this season ? I know Swirly has his split board Very Happy

I bought a Shredz Boardwear jacket. Seems to have everything I need. Can anyone enlighten me as to where they are made.
snow report
rayscoops wrote:

Well I have just treated myself: I'll be testing the new gear for 3 days in Ischgl on the 5/6/7 Dec...
Cool snowHead
snow report
Just bought myself new Norrona Loften outfit http://www.ellis-brigham.com/images//lightbox/339900901.jpg
snow conditions
YAAAAY got my bright orange pants from Mr Maxx!!

Level gloves w/ biomex system - free replacement
Bolle goggles - warranty replacement

Need to replace my knee pads so I'll get the demon's from bargainboards.

Perhaps some new shades...

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 25-11-09 18:11; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Gainz, damn, I wanted orange and had to settle for green pants - bummer - maybe I can exchange them Laughing
snow report
Kruisler wrote:
rayscoops wrote:

Well I have just treated myself: I'll be testing the new gear for 3 days in Ischgl on the 5/6/7 Dec...
Cool snowHead

mud boarding ? Shocked
snow conditions
rayscoops wrote:
Kruisler wrote:
rayscoops wrote:

Cool snowHead

mud boarding ? Shocked

I was looking at their webcams today. Not good!

Perhaps time to buy a DH mountain bike.
ski holidays
You guys must be looking at diferent webcams.

It's not great, like the rest of the alps, but enough for some fun to be had..And the forecast for the WE is quite good as well with a bit for snow planned..
snow report
Kruisler, I thought you had said Zell am See, but it looks good and a believe a bit of snow is falling in Austria above 2000 meters. Any resort with most of the skiing 1500 and above in Austria should be fine Very Happy
snow report
I've lashed out for my season. Brought myself a Custom V, CO2's and a pair of SLX boots none of which were at retail yay. Also brought a pair of Dragon Mace goggles.

Just praying theres Snow in les arcs in a few weeks Smile Shock
snow report
WesTaylor wrote:
Just praying theres Snow in les arcs in a few weeks Smile Shock

me too, I'm there 26th dec to 2 jan...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy