Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fischer race sc

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone, I am a new to snowheads and am from Australia.

Last season I did the demo day thing and tried a number of skis including Rossignols, Atomics, Bandits and more, but for me, the pick of the bunch by far were the Fischer Race SC. These were definitely the best all mountain skis I have ever used, and although I think I ski pretty well, these babies took me to a whole new level.
Love to hear some of your comments![/b][/i]
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi PeeJay, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead
Sorry, I can't help you on that ski - I just switched my piste ones to Heads
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the kind welcome, it's nice to know there really are other obsessed snowheads out there! Very Happy
I saw your post re How long have you been skiing, and I thought I'd let you know its about twenty years for me, off and on, punctuated by the occasional childbirth here and there.
The great thing is that they all love to ski now as well!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
PeeJay, what part of Aus are you in? Do you ski Perisher or Thredbo?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hello again, Wear The Fox Hat, I am from South Australia and my favourite resort is Mount Hotham in Victoria. Thredbo and Perisher are in NSW, which is a bit further away from Adelaide. Mount Hotham has the best steeps in OZ, and is the highest resort in Victoria. I have been going there on and off for 20 years, with occasional trip to Falls Creek and Mt Buller, also in Victoria. I am planning my first trip to Canada and stumbled upon the Snowheads site while doing some research.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Welcome to snowHeads, PeeJay! The Race SC is a very nice ski, a real rocket, and makes great carved turns. Lots of energy, too! I chose the RX8 instead to get more versatility, but I don't think you can go wrong with the Race SC!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ssh, Thanks for the welcome. I was interested in your comments re the RX8, and as I am not familiar with them I searched Google for Fischer RX8 and came up with your review on EpicSki. It's great finding all these forums that I was previously unaware of. Anyway, as you have experience on both skis, I was wondering if you could outline what you see as the major differences between them. Look forward to your comments.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PeeJay, I'll give you my best shot. If you found the EpicSki review, you could look at last year's gang review that I did; I included the Race SC in that one. Here's the conclusion: This, too, was a favorite of mine. Just looking at that nice wide shovel let me know that it would love to turn, which it did! Carving tight turns as well as high-speed arcs were fun and smooth. Even with the 11m sidecut, the ski didn't have a speed limit that I could find, provided a solid platform for every condition, including fresh bumps. Definitely a top ski for me, and one I'd love to pick up later this year.

I did not end up picking up a pair. The Metron:b5s that I got this year took their place.

That thread includes my thoughts on both, so hopefully, you'll get some ideas from it. Let me know if it raises any questions (you can post there or here; I'll see it either place). I think the RX8 is more versatile, but the SC is a great ski, too...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ssh, Thanks for the follow up. I ski the 170 SC, being 6' and 93kg. I sure love the Race SC, but now youve made me desperate to try the RX8! Unfortunately my desperation will have to wait for the Australian season come June or July. But I will definitely be using up some frequent flyer points to head to Canada BC, probably Big White and Silverstar your next Northern winter. Did any one mention boots? I'm still stepping into some very old Dynafit Competition 3F's. I must be the only person that they fitted like a glove........
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy