Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Cenis????????

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone tell me anything about Val Cenis?

Still trying to sort out a New Year trip and this has come up, nice looking apartment, fair price.

Just wondered how it is?

TIA snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very pleasant small to medium sizes skiing area whose piste skiing is varied above and below the tree line, nothing particularly difficulton piste. plenty of snow making on the lower slopes. Decent off piste if the conditions are right that early. The main significant drawback that I can think of for New Year is that the resort and most of the skiing is north facing and you won't get as much sun as some places in December.
Good value for money and friendly.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sarah,

Great resort much quieter than some of the better known ones. Prices are cheaper as well

Went last Feb and conditions were fantastic - some great off piste as well Smile

There has been a fair amount of reviews on here - check out the search button above

Were off there on Boxing day so fingers crossed for the snow !!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
T Bar, kwaka, Thanks, sounds good.

The accomm seems to be situated between the two villages, can't work out whether that is good or bad as not really sure how big/how far apart they are. It's the Alpages de Val Cenis, it seems to be at Les Champs.

Any views on the ski schools here? The international one in particular.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boxing day seems just a bit chancy: they usually don't open till about the third week of December.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowball, Thanks but isn't that true of many resorts?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Most of the better known ones seem to register snow depth from about the last week of November - Val Cenis registers only from about mid December.

There have been a number of threads about Val Cenis in the last few months - look on Forum Search on top left of the page.

Between the two villages doesn't sound like a good location for easy access to the lifts (see the trails plan - ie piste map - on this page ). Of the two I reckon Lanslevillard is the better location.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
we went there last year. Great place for a low key family hol. Not too much in the evenings. Lanslevillard is probably slightly more central, but not necessarily better for ski convenience as the lifts are over the river from most of the accomodation so it can be a trudge to start and end the day. Lanslebourg has a lot more ski in/out accomodation.

I wouldn't really recommend being between the two villages, as although there is a ski bus in the day and (iirc) a lift to get into the ski area, there would be absolutely nothing to do in the evening and it's a pretty long walk into either of the main villages.

If you do go, make a point of visiting the skiing in Termignon (fast lift from Lanslevillard). There's some nice cruisy runs off a couple of drags and the snow quality at easter last year was still excellent.

d
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowball, pendodave, thanks a lot. I will file the info! Val Cenis is on the back burner at the moment, the OH has other ideas, but I do really fancy VC and will revisit the possibility sooner or later!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pendodave, I think you have Lanslevillard and Lanslebourg round the wrong way. Lanslevillard is more piste-side and the 6-man fast lift (TDS 6 Turra) goes from Lanslebourg to Termignon wink

Either way, Val Cenis is a lovely resort and I hope to go back very soon.

sarah, http://www.valcenis.com/index-uk.htm if you haven't seen this website, it will give you plenty of information. If my memory serves me well, Les Alpages de Val Cenis are pretty much ski-in ski out. The closest lift is TS Pre Novel (aka Hairy man lift to our party) which is reachable on skis. Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

isn't that true of many resorts

yes it is, there are absolutely heaps of resorts, including such little known spots as Les Gets, Morzine and most of the Chamonix Valley which won't be properly open until 19 December this year.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy