Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head GS race

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
These are superb skis, very good at straight running but quick to turn when asked to do so, a well deserved reputation for excellent performance on hardpack and ice due to the excellent edges.

However these are race skis and are heavy plus stiff, you need to be quite strong and a fairly good skier to get their performace though
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sound good, that is almost how I would describe the Fischer Race SC. I will look forward to giving them a try when our Australian ski season next comes around.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PeeJay, I have to say that mine were the Race Dept skis which apparently are slightly different to the version that is usually sold in the shops, they are slightly stiffer have a different riser plate under the bindings and I think the shop sold version may be a true cap ski wheras the race version is a visably laminated ski with verticle sides apparently preffered by ski team service personel
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
D G Orf, Thanks for the info and for the friendly initiation into snowheads. It is now 1am down under and I will sign off to return another day.
I would love to hear opinions from anyone who has experienced Big White in Canada recently, as I am planning my first trip to that general region.
Look forward to other snowheads comments.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've just come back from Big White - report at http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=98406

We've been going there and to the nearby Silver Star (report at http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=98390) for the past 5 years, usually twice a year.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RobW, Thanks for the info RobW. Its nice to hear some first hand reports, especially from someone who keeps going back. The Schumann family who own Big White are from Australia and used to own Mt Hotham, which is where I usually ski. The season pass sounds worth investigating.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
D G Orf, you don't want Heads. WTFH skis on them, after all! Twisted Evil

I guess if you get the race room ones, you'll be ok... wink snowHead Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy