Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where do you shop for ski gear?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All!
Just want to know where do you guys usually go to get your ski gear? See if we could all contribute to this thread and make it useful for all members!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Primark

Der Interwebz, except for skiresorts.com, that site sucks.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
eBay
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
eBay, TKMaxx, sometimes proper ski shops, but not often. I got a great Rossignol jacket from TKMaxx last week. Found the matching pants on ebay, and they are in the post. Total spend less than £80.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I bought myself a lovely new jacket from the Trespass outlet shop last weekend. Other items bought from either Decathlon or a camping shop that I used to live near down in Leicestershire that sold a lot of discount ski gear (sadly it closed down a couple of years back). I have had a short rummage through TK Maxx but it seems a bit hit and miss to me, lots of stuff in small sizes, very little for the larger lady.

I don't buy anything on the internet, I like to try before I buy.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I get most of mine in the end of season sales. The interweb is your friend and most stores offer a return polocy if the fit isn't right.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatbob, what site? Wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nbt, this place works for me every time..http://tinyurl.com/ybxa2qq
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No need to go anywhere other than here http://www.patagonia.com/web/eu/patagonia.go?assetid=1953&intl=
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Liveezy, I was refferring to the now vanished spam link that fatbob had clicked Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
conrad sports. Snowheads Buy, Sell exchange page. Filarinskis. Spyderjon. Anywhere i can get it cheaper than anywhere else
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Skigear4u
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sport Scheck, Bittel Sports and Sport Schuster in Munich and IKO here near me in Rosenheim.

Just bought a great Schöffel soft shell Gore-Tex jacket for 20% under list at IKO

Skis are direct from the Atomic factory every time and such a good deal I don't bother to shop around
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nbt, Nope ddn't click it just hovvered over the link.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snow and Rock and others

but only in their sale when prices come down to a more acceptable level. Have no problem with buying something in april and sticking it in the cupboard for 8 months..
latest report
Ditto the above comment about shoving it in a cupboard. The only down side is when you manage to lose about 1 1/2 stone and you end up with the trousers that fitted you nicely back in the sales preferring to spend more time round your ankles!
snow report
Sitter, That's a very personal statement about what you get up to in resort Laughing
ski holidays
Telemark Pyrenees for skis, bindings and touring gear. Zenith ski shop in Val Thorens for Boots (and last year Footworks from SZK). Goto Mountain Air in Verbier and Snell Sports in Chamonix to try out ski clothing and when managing to show patience have bought online from roughgear.co.uk for Haglofs Gear and Facewest. Have also got stuff from mountainspirit.co.Uk based in Aviemore. Would recommend all of those.
snow report
Embarassed
ski holidays
Bertie Bassett .... man after my own heart!
latest report
in a ski shop rolling eyes
ski holidays
The Tog24 Shop in Brighton Marina was where it began for me.

Ellis Brigham, Filarinskis, Snow&Rock, Val d'Isere market (goggles), erm and LD Mountain Centre (latest skis)

Edge&Wax in Partridge Green, Sussex - for service and browsing.
snow conditions
Mr.Si wrote:

Ellis Brigham, Filarinskis, Snow&Rock

These - plus the tinterweb for assorted other bits.
snow conditions
Not sure where you live but we use Tog24 (Yorkshire outlet , nr Donnie), Don Valley Sports (near Bawtry), Intersport in Lincoln and ebay. Ellis Brigham, Snow&Rock are both a bit pricey but if you can afford it have some nice gear.
snow conditions
Got some stuff from Facewest in the past, just figured out they give you ''points'' back that can be used to buy things, sweeeeeeeeeet!
ski holidays
I am a total newbie to skiing but i got some great trousers from TKMAXX for £30 (tresspass) and an 'end of line' jacket from Go Outdoors/Camping for only £30 (Columbia). Should do me for my first trip. Either that or I will freeze to death. Very Happy TK also have loads of gloves from about £15 upwards and socks for £5/pair.
latest report
snowtrax Happy I hear they will price match and there is a really handsome chap that works there Cool
snow conditions
dansmith, I heard they stock Armada and Rossignol but have neither the S7s or JJs listed on their website, what gives?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
arv wrote:
dansmith, I heard they stock Armada and Rossignol but have neither the S7s or JJs listed on their website, what gives?

I didn't order enough JJ's Sad sold out I'm affraid! that also goes for the bent chetlers ep pros and sir fancis bacons! I can get hold of 175 jj if they are wanted but I saw it as a pointless length in that ski! and the S7 is bloody expensive but if you want them drop us a e-mail to dan@snowtrax.eu and I can locate you some!
latest report
dansmith, talking the £700 retail that everyone else seems to be throwing about? I'd agree on the 175 length Laughing
snow report
you would be indeed! seems too much if you ask me as you will prob end up killing them on a hidden rock!
snow conditions
I once got a very good deal on skis and some Zardoz at snowtrax, so recommended - although had to put up with some butt-ugly staff Wink Laughing . But in general, where I can find stuff I want at a decent price: touring skis, skins and transceiver from Telemark Pyrenees and a couple of German ebay shops; race skis from White Mountain in B'ham, and a few pairs of from Bartlett's (sometimes the only place you can find what you need). I 've had boots from Footworks, Filarinskis and a shop in a small Swiss resort - best fitting has been from CEM at solutions4feet.

For clothing, rucksacks and off-piste safety gear, mostly S&R or EB as they have the best ranges of stuff I can try on.
ski holidays
dansmith, pretty ridiculous. Supply and demand and all that... maybe they will start throwing them out next season Wink
latest report
arv wrote:
dansmith, pretty ridiculous. Supply and demand and all that... maybe they will start throwing them out next season Wink
HAHA tell the suppliers that! I do have my self to blame a little I under ordered! but I never knew how many 115+ skis I could sell! I was pretty brave with the amount I ordered I thought but I could of sold double!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy