Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

where to get a ski boot rucksack?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
one that just takes the boots so i can fit it in hand luggage, all the ones i can find look a bit big for that, a little extra space in with it would be nice, perhaps i should just get a rucksack?, ideas, recommendations..
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
CEM stocks some.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have a Atomic Boot Rucksack and to be honest its very unconfortable to carry like a normal back pack when your boots are in it.
I would recommend getting a standard boot bag.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
geeo, note of warning in that the airlines may say that they allow boots as carry on but it's up to the airport's security whether they let you. At East Mids they will not. Even if you get out of the UK ok you'd need to check with your returning airport as well.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
French ski shop Freeride.fr sells own-branded bootbag rucksacks which seem well padded. The website is the name.

You should check if such a bag would meet the dimensions stipulated for airline hand luggage.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FlyingStantoni wrote:
CEM stocks some.

on line here
http://solutions4feet.co.uk/catalogue_main.php?catID=2365
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My son has a Scott USA boot rucksack. He used to look like a snail wearing it when he was smaller. Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've a normal 30L daysack that fits my boots nicely. Just nip in to any outdoor shop and have a look on the sale racks.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Grenoble dont allow boots or helmets in hand luggage.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Also try here

http://www.skibartlett.com/line-slope-pack-boot-bag-710-p.asp
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bah.

Ski boot-specific rucksacks are a total waste of time, money and environment unless you get one with internal heating.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Can't for the life of me find it on Decathlon's website, but they do a small boot bag, where the boots fit like this: Pd

Got one last night - £20. Very good value, but you won't get much other than a pair of size 10s in there (perhaps a magazine or newspaper down the side, but that's about it)

It's a truly awful colour, but it will fit in the handluggage guidelines for size.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Monium wrote:
Can't for the life of me find it on Decathlon's website, but they do a small boot bag, where the boots fit like this: Pd

Got one last night - £20. Very good value, but you won't get much other than a pair of size 10s in there (perhaps a magazine or newspaper down the side, but that's about it)

As Mosha Marc points out, any decent, self respecting ski backpack will do this also, so long as it's 30L or more. 40L and you might be able to get a pair of 330mm+ boots in it.

Put an electric milk/formula bottle warmer around each boot -> DONE.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thx

The atomic one from CEM looks ok, but i think i will just go and get a 30-40l rucksack as i will have a lot more choice.
No worries about the hand luggage so far from Edinburgh to/from Geneva/Munich and that's all i'm doing this year, not sure about the built in heaters either, the boots don't seem to mind the cold when skiing so they should be ok when travelling Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
geeo wrote:
not sure about the built in heaters either, the boots don't seem to mind the cold when skiing so they should be ok when travelling :-D

No doubt. But imagine being able to plug them into the wall (or 12V car outlet) about an hour before skiing and then having them be warm and toasty and easy to get into.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy