Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix New Year

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I am out to Cham over the New Year.I know resort well but not done a New Year there.Is it drinking,manic fireworks in square followed by more drinking?..Do the bars sell tickets for night or can you just turn up.Also I have read before that there is a do at the ice rink.Normally hang out at MBC if in town.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DonC, yes, manic drinking, etc. Bars do sell tickets at extortionate prices. I have heard that there are a few that you can just turn up in but don't know them.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
With my 3yr old in tow it will be manic drinking in the apt for me Sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We were there this NYE but stayed at the hotel in Praz for the evening. We went into town every other night and the atmosphere was really good. We would have gone to see the main fireworks but the cloud was down to the deck.

Take plenty of money. Shocked

It dumped on NYE night and the pistes were ungroomed the following morning. They were also empty as most slept off their late night and hangover. I decided to go boarding with my hangover and it was one of the best days I have ever had on a mountain.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Was there two years ago for New Years. Many bars and pretty much all of the clubs sold (very expensive) tickets for the night, many including dinner. In some cases the bars were open to anyone before midnight before the extortionate cover charges kicked in after midnight. We pub crawled before midnight, went to the square for the fireworks, then went back to the hotel.

Bar'd Up and others along the same street are usually a good bet for cheaper drinking, and I don't think any of those places were charging covers. Chambre Neuf had no cover before midnight. MBC threw anyone who didn't want to pay €50 (dinner included) out at 20:00. Le Pub was open to all before midnight, but after five minutes in there I wanted to slit my wrists.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy