Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking at late booking offer for Les Arcs for 13th March.

Don't know anything about the area so any feedback would be great for an advanced int & int skier.

What are the current snow conditions like?

Any tuition recomendations for private lessons, especially for off-piste, if conditions allow.

I've also posted this in the Resorts thread but also put it here as I'm looking to push the button quickly on this.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For the best snow and stunning panoramic views of the Aiguille Rouge, stay in Arc 2000 (but that highest station is short of charm). For the maximum resort life stay in Arc 1800. But my favourite is the original Arc - 1600 - because the architecture is clever and intimate and you have evening access down to Bourg St Maurice if you want to go for a stroll in a 'real place'. The runs down to Arc 1600 are nice, too, and should be in great condition in mid-March.

Have a great time - it's easily one of my top 5 ski areas.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon, do you know which 'village' yet? (In order to give ski school info)...

Current conditions are pretty good in the northern Alps. In Les Arcs this morning:

Snow depth altitude (3226m): 155 cms
Snow depth resort (1100m): 90 cms

lifts open: 54/54 - slopes open: 99/105 - greens: 1/1 - blues: 53/53 - reds: 31/32 - blacks: 14/19

Temperature altitude (3226m): -11.2 °C. Temperature base resort (1100m): -12.8 °C. Freeze point: 300m

wind direction altitude (3226m): north-east - strength, 25 kph
wind direction altitude base resort (1100m): east - strength, 3 kph

Some low cloud between 1800m and 2000m, full sun above. Snow expected Saturday afternoon and Sunday.

AVALANCHE RISK 4/5
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spyderjohn, we have space in chalet Le Mouflon. La rosiere that week. Snow conditions are superb at the moment. I'm more than happy to talk about a late bookin deal, so if this of interest, PM me.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PG, Les Arc 2000 I think.

David@traxvax, Thanks for the offer. I'll contact you this evening if that's ok.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy