Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

help and advice on chamonix.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well its time again that i call upon the knowledge of the snowheads, as im looking to go to chamonix for a long weekend, 10-13th of dec and looking on ideas of how to find accomodation as a few of my mates are out their but are booked up in their accomodation. also good people to look at getting skis and lift pass.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
raf mark, it's a little early...

Grands Montets should be open Saturday and Sunday. If it gets colder, more might open. No guarantees.

When I hosted a mid Dec weekend a few years ago the only hire shop open was Ravanel, but they won't hire you kit unless the snow's OK.

I'd think most small hotels would take bookings?

Lift passes? Well, I'd rock up to any open lift and buy there Puzzled
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Possibly be better to stay in Argentiereto be near the Grands Montets?

Lift passes in Europe don't vary in price with where you buy them like they do in America.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name, anything open on the Friday?

raf mark, I may be out that weekend, prob staying at Le Vert with SkiWeekends
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yhea i think thats where my mates are staying but their driving up and i have work till late wens, so you think that the slopes may not have any snow on then?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We had loads the equivalent weekend last year, could easily ski to the bottom station at Argentiere.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
raf mark, there should be loads of available accommodation that early. Try tripadvisor and pick your budget. Snell Sports are open and have an excellent range of hire equipment. Or check Sanglard on the web which does big online discounts and also has a good range at both the Argentiere and central Chamonix shops.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name, GM is open every day from 5th Dec according to the info at Montenvers when I got my pass last week.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Also they should be doing early deal prices that weekend. It's usually 2 days for the price of one. Snow's a bit of a lottery as always but you should be OK by then. You can always drive to Verbier for a day too.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bobinch, that's the the Compagnie Du Mont Blanc site states too. Unfortunately it's only the GM + AdM that's open which limits options although I'd be skiing GMs anyway.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
When do they usually rope up the Arete and Vallee Blanche? I know it is when the Mer de Glace has enough snow on it to fill in the crevasses. But what sort of time of year are they normally filled to a suitable level to ski upon?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Vallee Blanche was open over Christmas last year but it will need a lot more snow yet.

Click for Cham web cams
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy