Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz and Super Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Going to Ardent for Christmas with the family snowHead

I was wondering whether the Avoriaz and Super Morzine offered enough ski-ing for the week or whether we shoud go for the more expensive Port du Soleil pass ? It is an extra £180.

We are intermediate ski-ers - oldest daughter (14) snowboards now - this will be her 4th time I think - I can just about handle the easiest mogul-free black runs, as can my youngest but my wife needs a lot of reassurance to leave the reds.

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers,

Simon.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HI
Lucky you we went in Feb and had an amazing time with wonderful snow.We did buy the more expensive pass but other members of our party just topped up on the days the ventured out.Might that be an option.
Claire
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Been there a couple times, and personally I'd go for the full area pass.

It's great area to explore - and loads and loads of terrain for intermediates.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
simonx, that'll be an extra £180 for the family? Unless SERMA have gone mad.

I would. Your immediate areas are Avoriaz itself and Linga/Chatel. Linga/Chatel aren't on the Avoriaz pass (Super Morzine is not an area, it's an access route, don't believe these sly Frenchies.) If you don't have Linga, you're missing out on of of the PDS's gems. You will almost certainly want to tootle through Morzine and ski Les Gets.

Oh, and you won't even be able to go over the other side of Mossettes into Crosets/Morgins. No brainer.

I mean, let me put it another way. Unless I've parked in Les Gets and KNOW I won't be going anywhere other than Mont Chery, we buy PDS passes. Just in case...

(Avoriaz Super Morzine almost certainly don't include enough skiing anyway.)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
simonx, 10 percent of all PDS lift passes if you buy online before the end of Novemeber. Also Family passes available. It works out at £560 ish for a 6 day pass for 2 Adults + 2 children IIRC.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
simonx, I agree completely with under a new name and you should definitely go for the full area pass. Would be a real shame not to ski two countries in one day by heading over to Les Crosets, some great on-piste and off-piste stuff over there too and there is always "The Swiss Wall" if you fancy it. Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
certainly get the whole pass, yes the £180 must be the upgrade for them all. like other posters have said, there is so much to do and see in the areas that your pass will not cover, trust me, bite the bullet and go for it. by the way just some info on Ardent. Not sure if you have ever been before but this is not a resort, but a hamlet of around 20 houses, 2 shops, 2 bars and a lift linking you up to the skiing. Its a lovely little place for the family but nothing to do in the evening. if you head down the road towards Le Lavanchy you will pas Lake Montriond where there is a lovely restaurant over looking the lake, which will be frozen. just something different for you to do one evening if you fancy a change. Also be aware of that run back down to ardent, it is hell at certain times at the end of the day. I have skied it with moguls and sugar snow, not what you want at the end of the day, if you have kids, it may be worth taking the gondola back down if they heave tired little legs.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ricklovesthepowder, good call re kids with tired legs & the home run. But if you have the energy...I think it's a great last run. Especially with sugary bumps. Yum.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
it a great run if you take it from thevery very top, massive vertical and must be 5 miles in length easy!!! just that bottom bit when you pass Les Linderets it gets a little soft and sugar like!!!, given the conditions at the moment, i would take that now!!! Confused
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
simonx, Guess you are with Family Ski or Chalet Ardent. Definately take the PDS pass, or you will miss some of the best that we have to offer.
Try and get down to Morzine with the kids pre dinner once or twice. Two Ice rinks, one outdoors in the town square.
Evening entertainment laid on most days of one sort or another.
Have a great time.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We stayed at Chalet Ardent last year - lovely. There's loads of skiing on that side - Chatel is particularly lovely!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
simonx, As everyone has said, go for PdS pass! Enjoy the whole area!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
simonx, An Avoriaz 6 day pass does not exist for sale to the general public and can only be purchased through a Tour Operator. We would only recommend this pass for COMPLETE beginners.

Get a PDS pass!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks everyone, cheaper online as you say if I act quick about £630 (€692) for the four 7-day passes.
The company we are staying with ask £716 for the 4 passes, but they will be sorted and there ready for us.

Now I don't want to pay the extra, but if I select Morzine (which I think is where Ardent is included??) from here:
http://www.portesdusoleil.com/en_winter/Ski-passes/sales.html - then there is no mail out option, so would be a pain.

If I were to select the Avoriaz option they mail out the passes, still in PdS so ...

... that's not a problem is it?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PS That is the full Port du Soleil ski pass I am referring to.
ski holidays
DallyPaul wrote:
simonx, Guess you are with Family Ski or Chalet Ardent. Definately take the PDS pass, or you will miss some of the best that we have to offer.
Try and get down to Morzine with the kids pre dinner once or twice. Two Ice rinks, one outdoors in the town square.
Evening entertainment laid on most days of one sort or another.
Have a great time.
Thanks Paul.
latest report
simonx, there is a ticket office at the Ardent base station. It would be really easy to pick up your passes there.
ski holidays
I've done a bit of reaerch into the purchase of lifts passes through the PDS site for the 10% discount.

If you purchase through the Avoriaz site they will mail out but you already need to be in posession of a 'special' type of hands free that re-charges itself when you pass one of the gates. This is not the same as your normal hands free pass. If you don't have one then you have to get one sent to you before you order.

If you purchase through Morzine then the only pick up point is Pleney - and well I know other snowheads will support me in that this isn't the most user freindly ticket office in Morzine!

Good luck!
snow report
regarding these passes, whats the difference in these 2 types of "hands free pass" not sure which i got last year. whats the best to go for???
snow report
FlyingStantoni wrote:
simonx, there is a ticket office at the Ardent base station. It would be really easy to pick up your passes there.
but can you order them to do that?
ski holidays
simonx, Cant imagine that the queue at the Ardent station will be long, if any!!! Why not just go up there and do it when you arrive! Not sure about the discount situation!
ski holidays
I I buy on arrival I think you can get a family 6 days PDS pass for€616 plus another day each is €134, total=€750.

From http://ventes.skipass-avoriaz.com they will mail out the passes including a ski-card that costs €3 each - bring it to €704 in total, so a saving of about forty five quid, but am I safe to do it this way?
latest report
Puzzled
snow conditions
simonx, seems to have gone a little quiet on here regarding these issues hasnt it!!! i have always got mine in resort to be honest, you can buy them at the bottom or ardent lift, get the hands free pass, so much easier, especially with kids mate. hope you have a really great time out there looks like there shound be a good dump of snow over the next 4 days, fingers crossed. good think is where you are going that valley holds the snow really well. wink
latest report
simonx, How come you need the xtra day?
snow report
Our flight doesn't leave until 17:40 on the Sunday so we are going to ski from 9 till noon.
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
simonx, seems to have gone a little quiet on here regarding these issues hasnt it!!! i have always got mine in resort to be honest, you can buy them at the bottom or ardent lift, get the hands free pass, so much easier, especially with kids mate. hope you have a really great time out there looks like there shound be a good dump of snow over the next 4 days, fingers crossed. good think is where you are going that valley holds the snow really well. wink
thanks Rick
snow report
we need to hire the kids' stuff too, any views on the 'Lac et Montagne' shop in Ardent?

http://montriond-morzine.skimium.co.uk/
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I booked my lift passes on the 29th Nov and no lift passes as yet! I e mailed them back and no reply! Has this happened anyone else or any suggestions? Puzzled
ski holidays
BoardStiffRed, How did you book them? I ordered mine just before end of Nov from http://www.portesdusoleil.com/en_winter/Ski-passes/sales.html and it said in the confirmation I had to collect them in resort.
ski holidays
I booked them the same way and they charged extra to send them to my address. They said about 8 days for delivery and not I'm getting a bit worried since they are not replying to e mail. Will phone them later today I think.
snow report
I've never had success in them replying to my emails... goodluck on the phone
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy