Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Non-stop telepeage now on A26 Calais-Reims

Poster: A snowHead
OK self-drive thrill-seekers, it's now possible to drive through tolls at 30kph on this route if you have a télépéage. Very Happy

Voici: http://www.lepeagesimple.fr/index_tsa.php#
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
andyph, that must put you one chair on the lift ahead of the chap behind who doesn't have the telepeage! All good info.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
andyph, Great vid Laughing Still think I'll do it slow though.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmm, just faster reacting barriers So you can get to the speed cameras quicker wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boredsurfing, They seem to have moved the detector beacon to the front near the dangly bits rather than beside the barrier as it is?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hopefully they may have put the Calais Northbound detector back in line as we have had to wave the box out of the window to make it work in the summer.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
andyph, and about time to. the Italians have had this for years. Great fun, you just don't want to take it tooo fast.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
andyph, the signs were up for these when we drove back a couple of weeks ago, but I can't say it was any quicker. We also had to wavew the badge about on a couple of occasions.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name, ditto the Catalonians.

Helen Beaumont, that would be a disappointment but maybe they're fine-tuning them?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
andyph, I am beginning to suspect that my hubby didn't cotton on to the non-stop thingy Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

the signs were up for these when we drove back a couple of weeks ago, but I can't say it was any quicker.

exactly my experience.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
we used them recently and it seemed marginally quicker but depended on how much you trusted the detector and how daring you are with your speed! When I was at the wheel I was quite cautious and probably went through at the same speed but the OH wanted to try the 30kph. I'm not sure what message they are sending when just before the peage you're asked to bring your speed down and watch out for their personnel.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fantastic! So, for two winters I've had Mrs Sproggski panicking that the badge might not work as we crawl up to the barrier. Now we get to do again, but faster.

+30 kph = +30 dB marital shrieking by my reckoning
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ooh, lookie, I just went past 200 on my first 2009/10 posts!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

I am beginning to suspect that my hubby didn't cotton on to the non-stop thingy

I'm beginning to think I didn't either. Having just watched the linked video it seems that you have to approach the barrier at 30 kph. And hope, ignoring the shrieking. If you approach at the usual, slower, speed, it doesn't happen. Is that it? I went through the non stop lane, just a little faster than usual, but the barrier didn't lift and I had to stop very briefly before it did.

So if you approach at, say, a non stop 15 kph would you crash through the thing?
ski holidays
bump,
Lots of maintenence work going on at the barriers last week, the Calais one is having loads of work done and the 30k lane is not being used. Both Reims and Dijon had work being done that closed off the Telepeage lanes as well. However, we left Montalbert at 8.30am local time and arrived home at 6.20pm local time Very Happy
The Tunnel was working very efficiently as well, particularly as it was Bank Holiday Monday.
French diesel seems to have got cheaper and was €1.27/l at ChamNord. (Chambery)
ski holidays
Calais north was a nightmare yesterday. Our telepeage didn't work despite having got us there from Besancon and the barrier had to be manually lifted. It appeared that we were not alone as well as the queues were building.
snow report
I had this email yesterday.

Du 5 au 30 septembre 2011*, sanef rénove 36 km de chaussées,
dans les 2 sens de circulation,
entre les sorties n°8 Marquion et n°9 Masnières

A partir du 5 septembre prochain*, sanef rénove 36 km de chaussées sur l'autoroute A26, afin de vous garantir un niveau constant de confort et de sécurité. Pendant les travaux, les diffuseurs de Marquion (n°Cool et Masnières (n°9), ainsi que les bretelles de l'échangeur A26/A2 seront ponctuellement fermés, et des basculements de chaussées seront mis en place.

Pour tout savoir sur vos conditions de circulation, les déviations mises en place et l'avancée du chantier en temps réel rendez-vous sur

Du 5 au 30 septembre*, les chaussées d'A26 situées entre les sorties n°8 Marquion et n°9 Masnières, font peau neuve.

Pour optimiser la durée du chantier et minimiser votre gène au maximum, sanef réalise ces travaux de jour comme de nuit, du lundi au vendredi 14h. Le week-end, vous circulez donc normalement sur l'A26.

Les fermetures de diffuseurs interviendront essentiellement la nuit lorsque le trafic est le plus faible. Durant ces phases, des itinéraires de déviation et une signalisation adaptée seront mis en place afin de vous guider en toute sécurité et simplicité.

NOUVEAU : toute l'information travaux sur votre mobile !
Désormais c'est possible : détail du chantier, dates de fermetures, déviations, … Ces informations pratiques sont disponibles gratuitement depuis votre smartphone sur le site mobile :
www.circulez-malin.fr

A bientôt sur notre réseau !

* Dates susceptibles de varier en fonction des aléas météorologiques et techniques.
latest report
Quick Google translation

Quote:
From September 5 to 30, 2011 *, sanef renovated 36 km of roads,
2-way traffic
between exit 8 and No. 9 Marquion Masnières

From September 5 *, sanef renovated 36 km of roads on the A26 motorway, to guarantee a constant level of comfort and safety. During construction, broadcasters Marquion (number and Masnières (No. 9), and the interchange ramps will A26/A2 promptly closed, and tilting of pavement will be installed.

To learn more about your driving conditions, deviations in place and the progress of real-time site visit

From September 5 to 30 *, pavements located between the A26 exit 8 and No. 9 Marquion Masnières, are revamped.

To optimize construction time and minimize your gene maximum sanef performs the work day and night, Monday to Friday 14h. On weekends, so normally you drive on the A26.

The closures will occur mainly broadcasters at night when traffic is lowest. During these phases, diversion routes and appropriate signage will be in place to guide you safely and easily.

NEW: Work all the information on your mobile!
Now it is possible detail of the project, dates of closures, diversions, practical information ... These are available free from your smartphone on the mobile site:
www.circulez-malin.fr

See you on our network!
* Dates may vary according to weather hazards and technicalListen
snow conditions
Steve Sparks wrote:
Calais north was a nightmare yesterday. Our telepeage didn't work despite having got us there from Besancon and the barrier had to be manually lifted. It appeared that we were not alone as well as the queues were building.

When we got there a coach appeared to be stuck in the TP lane and a Hi Vis bod ambled slowly over to raise the barrier manually, no rush, after all it's nice to have several long queues! Laughing
ski holidays
boredsurfin, Yep, that was pretty much what happened to us!
ski holidays
You can take the Italian telepeage at a lot more than 30kph.

The 30kph barrier south of Chambery is broken more often than not. Some days there are no telepeage only barriers working at all and you have to queue up in the card lane. Basically the whole French telepeage experience is pretty sucky.
ski holidays
davidof, you must just have bad luck, but then you probably use it more than most of us.
ski holidays
Hells Bells wrote:
davidof, you must just have bad luck, but then you probably use it more than most of us.

Yes but take your example where you have to stop and waggle the doofer out the window, it is not really normal is it?
snow conditions
davidof, no, but it hasn't happened since I posted above, and it was only on one journey.
latest report
davidof wrote:

The A-M have had the 30km - Drive - Thru in Antibes now for about 9 months .... haven't seen 1 problem yet. So far seem more reliable than the normal TP. I've gradually built up the confidence to just under 50 kph but seen some folks much faster than me .....
snow report
davidof wrote:

If you search TGR you can find a non-skiing trip report from a motoring journalist who discovered the rather rapid car they were testing was lower than an Italian toll booth barrier.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy