Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer from Les Arcs to St Anton??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm going skiing in Les Arcs in January next year with my boyfriend, for a week ending on the Saturday. He is then going skiing the immediate following week with a group of friends in St Anton, starting on the Sunday.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how he could get from Les Arcs to St Anton without coming back via England? I'm not even sure what airport/train station you'd use to get to St Anton.

Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mightyjo, What about your girlfriend or are you the girlfriend Confused

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=57276#1374741
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mightyjo, Best airport Innsbruck - only an hour by road and same by rail. Friedrichshafen is around 2 hours by road 2.5 by rail. Have not done Zurich but you can get a direct train that takes around 2.5/3 hours. Try the Austrian train website and you might be able to find out how easy/hard by train http://www.oebb.at/en/index.jsp St Anton has it's own station pretty much in centre - 5 min walk or 1 min in taxi. Looks like a 6 hour drive if you want to go from Les Arcs to St Anton by road. Also check out the St anton website http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/en/st-anton/informationen/travel-getting-here-2.html
Make sure he drinks plenty of milk thistle before he heads off wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Drive your car to Les Arcs, let him drop you at the airport on the way back. He can then drive onto St. Anton and then home again. Sounds like a nice little euro-roundtrip.

You could fly from LYS or GVA to INNsbruck but you're looking at north of £400 for a single...unless you go at silly o clock on the Friday morning...

Otherwise I'd probably just book the flights with which ever operator you are travelling with and travel back through the uk
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I looked into doing something similar from Tignes to St Anton and it can be done relatively cheaply, especially if your holiday to Les Arcs comes with a transfer to Geneva Airport.

If this is the case the swiss and Austrian railway systems are excellent and reasonably affordable. Assuming he could get to geneva (there are plenty of transfer companies that do that route even if you don't have one with your package) he could then get the train to Zurich stay overnight and then get the 8 o clock (ish) to St Anton which is direct and takes about 3 hours. I think the train from Zurich to St Anton is only about 35 quid. He would spend a similar amount getting from Geneva to Zurich. There are quite a few hostels right near the train station in Zurich. So overnight accommodation could potentially be quite cheap.

I certainly think he could get from Geneva to St Anton for 110 quid (including the over night stay) and it would only be another 40 or so if he needed to get his own way from Les Arcs to Geneva.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mightyjo, It should not be to hard really. As Obsessed_intermediate, says, go to Geneva from Les Arcs, either by coach direct from Bourg about 50Euro I think this year or get a lift from a TO if you can from the resort. Which part of Les Arcs are you staying at. Then train from Geneva Airport to St Anton via Zurich and Austian railways. Shoulds be the least hassle and cheapist way if you do not take the car. Sleep on the trains to save money. Please do post later which route you took. Would be worth knowing.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all that! I've passed it on so he can start organising. Unfortunately he can't drive, so that rules out the roadtrip! But it looks fairly feasible without coming back to the UK at least.

We've organised our trip ourselves, so no tour organiser. We're going to Les Arcs 2000, we were told there's good skiing there, if a bit expensive! How would you normally organise a lift from a TO?

And boabski, confused by milk thistle??
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Step 1: Bus: Les Arcs to Geneva.

Step 2: Train: Geneva to Zurich.

Step 3: Train: Zurich to St Anton.

Total cost one-way probably about £150.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mightyjo wrote:
Thanks for all that! I've passed it on so he can start organising. Unfortunately he can't drive, so that rules out the roadtrip!
Take him back to the shop and trade him in for a different model - obviously goods not fit for purpose Laughing

mightyjo wrote:

We've organised our trip ourselves, so no tour organiser. We're going to Les Arcs 2000, we were told there's good skiing there, if a bit expensive!
The skiing in les arcs is fantastic - lots for everyone - get him to take you to chalet de l'arc for lunch one day. http://www.restaurant-savoie.com/restauration-savoie/restauration-savoie.htm It's just below the top of the marmottes or Pre-St Esprit lifts above 2000. Do go to the top of the mountain on a sunny day and ski all the way to villaroger - over 2000m of descent on piste, if you can do that in one sitting then you'll deserve lunch in La Ferme.

Quite a few snowhead regulars in les arcs so check the snow reports - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=55986 And for info on passes, skiing, runs etc, then scroll down this post a bit to get lots of gen - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=53223

mightyjo wrote:

How would you normally organise a lift from a TO?

They'd normally organise a bus to come and pick you up at the airport and take you to resort, probably via a stop interminably in a horrible cold carpark somewhere near moutiers. Reverse at the end of the week having got up at stupid o'clock

mightyjo wrote:

A reference probably to the liver damage that a few places in St. Anton can creates especially the moose, kk, bar cuba, funky chicken, scottys
Research suggests that milk thistle extracts both prevent and repair damage to the liver from toxic chemicals and medications. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_thistle
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bertie bassett wrote:

mightyjo wrote:

A reference probably to the liver damage that a few places in St. Anton can creates especially the moose, kk, bar cuba, funky chicken, scottys
Research suggests that milk thistle extracts both prevent and repair damage to the liver from toxic chemicals and medications. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_thistle

Sweet moses... never a truer word spoken! St Anton will break him.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy