Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo boarder looking to go with a group.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi.

I've been wanting to go snowboarding for about 3 years now but every time the season comes around and I try to organize something my friends always let me down but that won't happen this year!

I haven't really looked much into going solo yet as I thought I would try to join another group to lower every ones prices and make things more social?

Getting time off work isn't a problem, any time in January, February is fine.

Anything going?

Olly
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
might be worth looking on snowboardclub aswell

http://www.snowboardclub.co.uk/PNphpBB2-viewforum-f-12.html
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
you can try facebook as well - there's a group called "I want to go skiing or (snowboarding but my friends are rubbish"... sounds like you can relate!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could come with us! When are you thinking?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hofnar wrote:
You could come with us! When are you thinking?

Joined the Facebook group.

My work is very flexible so pretty much any time after the first week of January until whenever!

What have you got planned? Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hey Olly

I'm running trips every week and most people come along on their own.

The week beginning 9th Jan is full and the week beginning 16th Jan is just for beginners. Otherwise come on out.

Most of the trips run to Morzine in the French Alps, however on the week beginning 23rd Jan we have a trip running simultaneously to Chateau d'Oex in Switzerland.

Take a look at www.hofnar.com and see what you reckon!

Cheers me dears

Dan
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Olly wrote:
Hi.

I've been wanting to go snowboarding for about 3 years now but every time the season comes around and I try to organize something my friends always let me down but that won't happen this year!

I haven't really looked much into going solo yet as I thought I would try to join another group to lower every ones prices and make things more social?

Anything going?

Olly

you can also try neilson holiday website , they have a solo skiers section, i board and have been on 2 holidays through there site , both with skiers but have hooked up boarders at the resort , also lead to me becoming a member on here
atm there is a group of about 4>6 looking for some deal around 9th jan, failing that it could be snowheads 6BB, then another trip feb and march , i'll post up when and were , thanks
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
51st state wrote:
Olly wrote:
Hi.

Anything going?

Olly

you can also try neilson holiday website , they have a solo skiers section, i board and have been on 2 holidays through there site , both with skiers but have hooked up boarders at the resort , also lead to me becoming a member on here
atm there is a group of about 4>6 looking for some deal around 9th jan, failing that it could be snowheads 6BB, then another trip feb and march , i'll post up when and were , thanks

I shall check that out now.

If your 1 person short then let me know Cool

Note that if I go in a group with anyone then there is no obligation to talk or spend time with me*
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just found 7 nights half board in Niederau with flights and lift pass for £530! Seems cheap?

How much does it cost to hire all the equipment roughly?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Olly, have you been before at all? If not then it may be worth doing the Neilson thing and then taking a beginner package which normally covers lift pass, equipment hire and lessons, usually cheaper than piecing it together yourself and lessons especially if you are on your own are VITAL.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Olly, have you been before at all? If not then it may be worth doing the Neilson thing and then taking a beginner package which normally covers lift pass, equipment hire and lessons, usually cheaper than piecing it together yourself and lessons especially if you are on your own are VITAL.

No never been before. Yes that sounds like a good idea, will check it out. 1 month to go Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Olly

We have organised a trip to Meribel from Sunday 3rd January - 10th January 2010. We are a mixed group, 3 lads, 2 girls, and 2 couples .Some of my friends have backed out so I am left with a few spaces was £325pp but as the guys who have dropped out have paid deposit then you can have the week for £225. It is a catered chalet, it includes, breakfast, afternoon tea, and 3 course evening meal with wine. Flights and Transfers are not included, but some of us are flying into Grenoble and some of us are flying into lyon so if our flights are right we can share on transfers.

Claire
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Merichick wrote:
Hi Olly

We have organised a trip to Meribel from Sunday 3rd January - 10th January 2010. We are a mixed group, 3 lads, 2 girls, and 2 couples .Some of my friends have backed out so I am left with a few spaces was £325pp but as the guys who have dropped out have paid deposit then you can have the week for £225. It is a catered chalet, it includes, breakfast, afternoon tea, and 3 course evening meal with wine. Flights and Transfers are not included, but some of us are flying into Grenoble and some of us are flying into lyon so if our flights are right we can share on transfers.

Claire

Hey.

That sounds great. I'll check at work tomorrow that those dates are ok to take off but I'm certain they will be fine. I'll check out flights tonight.

Olly
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just found some flights, do you know what time you will be arriving in Grenoble?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy