Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heads up on ski carriage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just had this e-mail though (from the nice people at Ski Beat who actually seem inclined to let their customers know important stuff that may affect their trip well in advance. 10 brownie points to Ski Beat)

Quote:
We have been advised by the airlines that ski & board carriage will be policed strictly this season at all airports. Ski carriage can be pre-booked via Ski Beat at £30 per set and will be shown on your invoice and final travel details. The airlines will be sent ski carriage manifests showing these details, and if anyone has not pre-booked ski or board carriage, the charge at the airport will be £50 per set.

Please note the following:
Snow blades – no charge
Skis & boards - for those carrying 2 or more sets in 1 bag: the airlines’ reps will check inside bags and charge £50 for any sets of skis/snowboards which have not been pre-paid and do not appear on their ski carriage manifests.

This affects Thomsonfly flights and presumably their Titan Air charters are also affected. Those with quivers to take may wish to invest in a set of prosthetic legs and perfect their Jake the Peg routine.

Helmets in hand luggage not mentioned, nor excessive inner tip lead.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Of all the luggage rules/extra costs, this one where you have to pay twice for 2 sets of skis in one bag is the biggest con to me. You're already paying extra money for ski carriage with a limit of 32kg on your bag. So, if you put two sets of skis in the bag and it weighs less than 32kg, where's the justification for the double charge?

I have my doubts whether the airlines will actually take the time to get people to open up their bags, but nonetheless this one really pees me off.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
At pretty much any airport the ski/board bags have to go through the oversize baggage drop. Check in with one pair while a mate hangs around out the way with the other pairs, then stick them in on the way to the oversized bag drop.

Simples.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cunners, good tip off - shame it's so annoying.

Swirly, I think you've just proved that your user name ought to be more akin to our OP wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Skis & boards - for those carrying 2 or more sets in 1 bag: the airlines’ reps will check inside bags and charge £50 for any sets of skis/snowboards which have not been pre-paid and do not appear on their ski carriage manifests.

Rules are rules eh? I hope it backfires on them and everyone goes DIY. Would they really prefer another £50 over good customer relations? Why does it seem that, increasingly, every snow-sports related business is driven by grasping, greedy, b@stards whose aim appears to be to pee off customers at every turn?

Quote:

At pretty much any airport the ski/board bags have to go through the oversize baggage drop. Check in with one pair while a mate hangs around out the way with the other pairs, then stick them in on the way to the oversized bag drop.

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Crsytal charged me €19 return for ski carriage last year, Aer Lingus charged me €30 e/w, although in both cases I had the ski bag filled to the brim Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:

Rules are rules eh? I hope it backfires on them and everyone goes DIY.

Huh?

We are talking airlines here, not Tour operators.

OK, some people drive, but most people, even those going DIY, still fly.

Quote:

Would they really prefer another £50 over good customer relations?

Since when has any airline really had good customer relation high on their list of priorites?

Quote:

Why does it seem that, increasingly, every snow-sports related business is driven by grasping, greedy, b@stards whose aim appears to be to pee off customers at every turn?

Because people are determined to be peed off?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:

Rules are rules eh? I hope it backfires on them and everyone goes DIY. Would they really prefer another £50 over good customer relations? Why does it seem that, increasingly, every snow-sports related business is driven by grasping, greedy, b@stards whose aim appears to be to pee off customers at every turn?

Quote:

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Straw that broke the camels's back, it was a close run thing anyway (I'm doing 6+ weeks next season) - driving this year. It will cost more, but I'm out of the airline 'debate'. 400GBP less to BA.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Me and a mate are driving this year. With 4 pairs of skis between us (which isn't totally unreasonable imo) it means the cost easily works out not to mention being able to take AT boots and cheap food with us too Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
narc wrote:
Me and a mate are driving this year. With 4 pairs of skis between us (which isn't totally unreasonable imo) it means the cost easily works out not to mention being able to take AT boots and cheap food with us too Smile

No, not unreasonable at all...

Not wishing to hijack the thread....
But you can take what you want if you drive, no stress, conveniance, get there when your ready.. guess not so suitable for those on a week or two though.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
well im flying with monarch in feb from gatwick, and like every other year im not going to pay in advance and hopefully sneak them on for free. last year loads of people on our flight had pre paid for ski carriage and we just turned up and put them on oversize baggage for free. rather take the gamble on the extra 20 quid than pay 30 for nothing.

do you know if monarch will be enforcing this rue?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy