Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

getskitickets.com Any good?

Poster: A snowHead
I've just found getskitickets.com who appear to give a 33% discount on some lift passes. Now that's quite a lot when the pass is around 300 quid, but then 200 quid is a lot to waste on a fly-by-night.

It's a tad worrying that you pay in advance via credit card, in exchange for a NON-REFUNDABLE voucher that you print out via your PC and then take with you to the ticket office at the resort.

Has anyone used them?

Did the staff at the lift pass office laugh at you when you presented your piece of paper?

Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ive used another company (twice) that supplies discounted lift tickets for Aspen (No accommodation needed) & gave the printed voucher to the guest services in exchange for a lift ticket, worked no problem.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stanton, thanks. So, it can actually work.

I presume the voucher has serial numbers, etc. that identify the vendor, purchase, purchaser, etc?

There's always that "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is" motto nagging away at the back of one's mind...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
crosbie wrote:
I've just found getskitickets.com who appear to give a 33% discount on some lift passes. Now that's quite a lot when the pass is around 300 quid, but then 200 quid is a lot to waste on a fly-by-night.

It's a tad worrying that you pay in advance via credit card, in exchange for a NON-REFUNDABLE voucher that you print out via your PC and then take with you to the ticket office at the resort.

Has anyone used them?

Did the staff at the lift pass office laugh at you when you presented your piece of paper?

Puzzled

Hi Crosbie,
I am the owner of GetSkiTickets.com. We are based in Denver, Colorado. 1938 Pennsylvania Street 80203. If you have any questions you can call us at 970.372.6551. Here is our fanpage on facebook.com for reviews of our system. http://www.facebook.com/pages/GetSkiTicketscom/168838062287

Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions: info@getskitickets.com

Kind Regards,

Brandon Quinn
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've just remembered that I should let everyone know that the 4 vouchers my group obtained from GetSkiTickets.com in November were redeemed without problem on our arrival at the Inns of Banff hotel in January. They saved us over a hundred quid each. Now that's a good discount!

Thanks for joining the thread Brandon. You might do well to provide a little more information on your site in order to re-assure prospective purchasers. You could explain how you can provide such major savings on lift pass prices, i.e. so it doesn't appear 'too good to be true'.

UPDATED 12/10/10: The following is my PMed response to a PM enquiry from earlyapex (which is then replied to below).

Quote:
I don't think there's any requirement to purchase accommodation in advance. You can rent a motorhome - it doesn't matter.

Fortunately, there is a small desk in the Inns of Banff hotel (opposite from reception) which is rarely manned. It might be manned 7-8pm on your day of arrival. I can't remember precisely, but suffice it to say we did get our passes here on the Sat evening we arrived - to MUCH relief on my part - and everyone else's (they could put their baseball bats away).

The hotel reception and tour operators know nothing about it, so don't expect any help from them.

The ski bus is free anyway I think - to all areas. NB Despite being a 10minute walk into town there is a big plus point to the Inns of Banff. It's the first bus stop, so you get the pick of seats and you load your skis/boards on to the luggage compartments first. I had a newish board, but it didn't suffer any noticeable dinks, scratches or abrasions, but do beware that you can't take them to your seat.

Do check out some of the bars in the hotels along the main road. Worth crawling back via.

The thing to do on your first afternoon when you arrive (which will probably be the only daylight you get) is to walk through the high street, cross the bridge over the big river at the end, and then walk left along the river's edge. After about a mile you can see most of the river frozen over into any icy cascade/waterfall. Ignore signs saying the path is closed (that's just health&safety crap because the path is VERY slippery in places). Continue to a car park and there are two wooden gateways (apparently planked off) leading up steps into the forest. Pick either one of them and follow the path until you get to a most excellent pub (free pool, free rice crackers, Belgian-esque beers, friendly staff, and great burgers, etc.). It's called the Waldhaus Pub.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 12-10-10 10:52; edited 3 times in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Crosbie for that info. I didnt want to dig up an old thread but you're right, others can gain from this info too.

I have got confirmation from the Banff official ticket office that the ski buses have changed this year. They now only do pickups from the car park of the Mount Royal hotel and the Fairmount Banff springs hotel. The cost of the bus is $15 return or $10 one way. Its included in the cost of the official window price of the tri area pass, they told me that some tour operators do not include the ski bus on their tri area lift passes as some people will have arranged car hire.

So you have to walk or catch the $2 bus from the hotel you stay at to the mount royal to get on the bus, it should work out quicker, loading everyone on at the same stop, then going direct to sunshine or lake louise.

So, about getskitickets.com, I've asked them twice amongst other questions in emails if I needed to have bought my hotel stay through them and they haven't answered this one yet. Either they didn't see it or are trying to ignore it, which is a bit worrying as the ticket is non refundable!
But you had no problem exchanging the voucher at Inns of Banff, so they don't care, right?
Neither the hotel nor the guy at the desk exchanging the voucher cared where you got it or how much it was? Did your passes include the ski bus too?

If all this works out with skitickets.com, a service like theirs is badly needed across europe.

If you can eliminate my worries, I will buy for my group from them, its great to find someone with experience of them. Funny how they are not mentioned all over the internet like say skiset are, you know?
why is that?

Thanks for your help this far.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
earlyapex, hi and welcome to snowHead.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
earlyapex, I cannot believe that buses no longer pick-up from Inns of Banff and now only pick-up from Mount Royal (in centre of town) & Banff Springs hotel. Shocked Having to get a bus to get a bus and pay extra really puts a downer on things. I was thinking of going to Banff again this season, but this may persuade me otherwise.

There was no problem exchanging 4 vouchers at the ski desk in the Inns of Banff hotel, no. No evidence of anything else was required, just the vouchers. The ski bus was free (or included - dunno - but we didn't pay on the bus). The town bus wasn't free though you could buy advance/discounted tickets from the tour operator rep.

Last year one purchased the lift pass vouchers (which you print out yourself) on the getskitickets website. Having had a look there yesterday it seems it now just refers you to four other sites. So a bit different - YMMV!

I still think it's a bit of a gamble, so don't take anything I say as a guarantee. However, I will definitely check GetSkiTickets.com out again if I do decide to go back to Banff again. Staying at Banff Springs now looks even more enticing (albeit fricking expensive). Mount Royal is going to be a bit of a scrum, but could become a little more popular now.

GetSkiTickets are primarily US/Canada. I guess there's a certain way things are done there - probably completely different to Europe. Even so, if there was a website to obtain advance purchase of discounted (non-refundable) ski passes in European resorts, I'm sure that would be very popular too.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
yeah crosbie,the town bus is free if you are staying at inns of banff, they give you a complimentary pass (its written on their webpage, not sure aobut other hotels) so no problem getting a bus to the mount royal ski bus, and getskitickets.com say the ski bus is included on the pass , so no bus charges anywhere for my trip.

That is as long as they work out ok with getskitickets.com.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
earlyapex, that's great to hear! So, where do you find the best deals on Inns of Banff packages then? wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I got it through igluski, they had loads of Banff deals on , i booked back in May!
Try inghams too as they are my tour oporator.

I wonder if anybody else on snowheads has used getskitickets.com before?
If you are reading this and have used them, please let us know your experiences with their service, thanks.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Forget getskitickets.com
They apparently have had a falling out with one of their suppliers, and have got back to me saying that they cant give me those discount tickets now for Banff.

Funny how it changes in a year, it was alright for crosbie before.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
earlyapex, oh well. Sorry to hear that. Crying or Very sad

Puts the price of a Banff trip back up too. Confused
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
yup, but my hotel will give me a little discount on day tickets, so they said. So im not all out, still though that was gonna be worth about $210.
The whole thing about being too good to be true comes true!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
earlyapex, good while it lasted - sorry it didn't last long enough for you. I'll keep an eye out for 'two for the price of one' lift pass offers which provide a similar saving.
snow report
Hi Crosbie, Earlyapex and others. This thread might be old, but I wanted to give an update about GetSkiTickets.com. Ski the Big 3 has been one of our valued partners since 2010. Our tickets can be booked without lodging. We have excellent deals for Mt Norquay, Sunshine Village and Lake Louise. In addition to ski the big 3, we have over 45 other additional ski resort partners across North America. Our company exists because we value both our customers and our ski resort partners. Feel free to call our reservation line and speak directly to a member of our team or you can simply email. 970.233.7040: email: info@getskitickets.com. This is updated as of 3/10/2015.
Cheers.
Brandon Quinn
Founder
GetSkiTickets.com.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy