Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis with personalised top sheets

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know where I could get a pair of skis with topsheets made from photos I supplied?

I would like two pairs with Katherine Jenkins's Image on them.

One will be an all mountain wide pair (thinking 100mm underfoot) for a fat friend. They will need to have decent sidecut too, to fit Miss Jenkin's shape.

The other will be a pair about 158cm for a small female skier as a present. snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Abominable Snowshed,
www.333skis.com
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Abominable Snowshed,

http://www.google.ie/#hl=en&source=hp&q=custom+skis&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=custom+skis&fp=c8f18106d557baef
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Abominable Snowshed,

http://www.google.ie/#hl=en&source=hp&q=custom+skis&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=custom+skis&fp=c8f18106d557baef

Though i suspect you'll be paying in excess of £800 a pair for custom skis that you'll get a full custom topsheet on. 333skis don't do custom topsheets as far as i'm aware.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://tinyurl.com/yzrzt2d

333 will do custom graphs. I don't think they post to Europe though due to cost circa $200 if i remember correct.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.onthesnow.com/news/97/a/5552/design-your-own-skis
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
has anyone got a pair of there 333 skis?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Abominable Snowshed, Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
have a look at getting a vinyl sheet printed - check the vehicle wrapping firms about
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just wondering if you had any luck with the above as i stumbled across this site today. antra custom ski and i saw that they make custom skis and can print photos on the top sheet
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Google Fork Tree Skis. Skied a pair this winter, I was well impressed.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
HellBent wrote:
Google Fork Tree Skis. Skied a pair this winter, I was well impressed.

I'd also recommend http://www.forktreeskis.com run by Tom Pinches. I supply Tom with Quiver Killer inserts for use in his skis & had the pleasure of meeting him in Courchevel in Jan for a beer & to look at his product line which is very impressive - unfortunately Tom had crocked his ankle so wasn't skiing. His skis are superbly hand crafted & the pics on his website are of him using them (normally telemarking) so you can see they have the build quality to go with the aesthetic.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
333skis
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
333skis
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
spyderjon, Hard to assess how they ski as from the website it apears they don't spend any time on the ground.
ski holidays
Phone a company called edmonds in Edinburgh where I know a couple of lads who got skateboard custom graphics printed. I think they print it on some kind of industrial substrate, similar to vehicle wrap stuff. Take your bindings off, slap it on and the jobs a good un.

quick search gives phone number as 0131 561 1458.
ski holidays
White Cristals

http://whitecristalsb.com/index.php

Very good skis.

You can customise topsheet, base sidewalls, the lot!
snow report
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/176316-333-skis-review

Do not buy 333 skis.
ski holidays
hmmm...

my alter ego started this thread as a dig at two certain snowheads - neither of whom took the bait... and only one person got the joke...

Happy days Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Hi all at snowheads from a newbie so be very gentle with me please As someone has took the time to mention us , just thought I would get in touch and tell you my story, well it all started around 5 years ago when me and a mate was talking about skis and how good it would be to make your Owen ,that was when the seed was planted .
So I set to work getting as much info as I could on the materials and the processes of building skis, this took some time.
The next problem was where was I going to build the skis, but I soon sorted that one I built a workshop of which a lot of the materials i.e. concrete block roof tiles a lot of the wood that made up the apex roof and lots of other stuff was reclaimed. The misses and kids call it my other house as I spend more time there lol.
I now had to start filling it with all the machines I needed to build the skis I.E. industrial band saws industrial thicknesses routers industrial panel saw belt sanders etc. the list is endless , the machines I could not buy I had to build from scratch like the edge bender the pneumatic press which I have not seen another like it, what makes it different from the other presses I have seen is it has a sliding table so I can lay up the skis on the press and slide the table in and turn on the pressure and heat without moving them from a work bench to the press it saves a lot of messing about and the risk of misalignment of the cores and top sheet as it is put in the press ,I learnt this the hard way and soon built the press I now use.
Next I had to put all the ski making knowledge I had gained into practice it was like being back at engineering collage again, making skis and then cutting them up and running different stress tests on them and making sure that everything had adhered to each other, next we had to test some of the skis on the snow, the results but I had to change a few of the materials like the abs sidewall as I found they chipped to much for my liking , which could lead to moisture getting into the cores ( wood cores and water don’t mix ) so I now use UHMWPE it’s more expensive and harder to work with but much stronger and better than ABS, if you do manage to damage a UHMWPE sidewall it can be repaired very easy with a p-tex candle the same as the base .
It was hard as a family man I had to hold down a job while building our company, well up until I fell off a ladder while putting the roof trusses up on my work shop and broke my leg dooh but It did get better when the plaster came off and I managed to get the roof on the workshop done, so then we took a well-deserved sun holiday went out for the night with the misses on returning to our hotel (at 5.30 am) I slipped and broke my ankle (same leg) in two places ouch well I did have a good few beers that night , I did intended to start producing skis in 2009 but what with the broken legs and all the other problems we encountered didn’t start until 2010/2011 so that is the story of how we started Antra custom ski www.antracustomski.com
snow conditions
fork tree skis
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy