Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Melezes Tignes SnowCamp review

Poster: A snowHead
Just enjoyed a 3 day break as part of MountainSun's 3 day, transfers full board and ski pass deal.
Staff were great, going extra mile as normal.

Accomodation fine, very good central heating, certain rooms have better shower pressure than others but, plenty hot water which is most important.

A lot of people so bar culture was good although not the cheapest now that euro to pound is so poor. Take note, I know it is a ski resort but £4 a pint is too much, much better at £3 or 3.5 euro. The rents, rates, stuff etc are not as pricey as London, Paris, New York etc so the price of booze should not be greater.

Food was the best yet, (3rd year) - It is not michelin! but for a hotel on a tight budget we ate it all and it was plentiful.

Snow was again superb, lots of lifts open and lots of variety. It is always annoyign that the race teams take over 60% of the mountain but they generally leave by 1pm which leaves a further 2 hours to explore the middle sections. Clean, stone free routes all the way to Val Claret made for great fast long runs.

Full Sky TV in hotel for all the music, sport, film etc you can handle great if there is an important footie match etc.

Equipment is the only so so, I was lucky and found an enjoyable ski but it certainly wasn't brand new this year's model and I didn't find there to be a good showcase of what's hot this year. This isn't really a complaint but I'm still surprised the partner Edge2Edge don't look kinder at the opportunity of 15 people every 3 days for 2 months trying new stuff. Increase the range, give one of the staff at Les Melezes a sales comission and make the discounts greater. As the chalet is also hooked up to quite speedy internet, I am sure Edge2Edge could set up a special page on their e-shop which outlines all the products on offer, info about them, deals and how to pay.

Anyway, once again great trip, thanks to all at les Melezes, keep providing the service as it gives us townies the best early season opportunity to tune up for the season.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sounds like great fun. glad it went well.

no pictures? snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
plectrum, I was wonderign about skis. I'll be taking my own, as usual, as there are never enough shorties but hope there is someing suitable for those pwder days I'm expecting in December wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
holidayloverxx, No idea, it is a glacier groomed and fast, why would you want fatties! Smile I think there were a few wide ones but to be honest I wasn't really paying much attention.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
plectrum, cos I'm going on 9th December and the whole espace will be open, and last year and the year before it was pukeing down, knee deep pow in 2008 NehNeh
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We are at Melezes in Jan. Good report, thanks.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx, pukeing, pow you sound far too hard core to ski with this year wink Sick!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
plectrum, Thanks, ski situation doesn't sound great, I wasn't planning to take mine, there were just about enough to go around last year. Beer price has actually been reduced from last year I think, probably can't get anything much cheaper in the French Alps than that.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

cos I'm going on 9th December and the whole espace will be open, and last year and the year before it was pukeing down, knee deep pow in 2008

holidayloverxx, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Colin B, If you are going for 3 days i guess the skis are fine, if you are amateur they are fine. If you are expecting some kinda training camp then don't. What i have noticed is that the number of snowboards has increased but then if this applies to you then perhaps I could shoot you! Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
plectrum wrote:
A lot of people so bar culture was good although not the cheapest now that euro to pound is so poor. Take note, I know it is a ski resort but £4 a pint is too much, much better at £3 or 3.5 euro. The rents, rates, stuff etc are not as pricey as London, Paris, New York etc so the price of booze should not be greater

Just got back form our first trip to the Melezes and I remembered someone had done a review and was interested in what someone else thought. Wouldn't disagree with any of the comments except for the one I have quoted above. Really surprised at the comments about the price of booze? We paid 4.50 euro for a pint and 10 euro for a carafe of the finest house red in the Melezes. Personally I thought compared to other parts of the Alps (and yes London rolling eyes ) the booze prices in the Hotel were very reasonable. £9.50 for a bottle of red, name me a business in London that can only operate for 7-8 months of the year that charges £9.50 for a bottle of wine?

Staff were fantastic, overall atmosphere in the Hotel great, food for the price of the trip was exceptional. Definitely on our radar for next year. Cool
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
£4 pounds is dirt cheap by alpine standards.....
My local in Flaine is 8-9 euros!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thefatcontroller, Thanks for reinforcing the recommendation.... Jan the 17th seems so far away!

Completely agree about the booze prices. I have no problem with €4 a pint in a resort.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I lived and worked in Paris for five years and a pint then cost 50 francs !(11 francs to the pound) when at home it was just about a pound .So , youre half way up a mountain with white stuff roundabout ....,What`s there to complain about!!.
Can`t wait will be there next week , for those who are there and will be there , c u sooooon snowHead snowHead snowHead
p.s!
is it possible to baggs a pair of skiis 175ish in length and around the 85width now!!!! Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
bfg wrote:

is it possible to baggs a pair of skiis 175ish in length and around the 85width now!!!! Laughing Laughing

I skied their Atomic Snoop's in a 172, really easy to ski, behaved brilliantly in the powder and on piste. Only downside was the lack of edge grip on the odd patch of very hardpack snow, but the skid was progressive and easily controlled.
ski holidays
Spyderman wrote:
bfg wrote:

I skied their Atomic Snoop's in a 172, really easy to ski, behaved brilliantly in the powder and on piste. Only downside was the lack of edge grip on the odd patch of very hardpack snow, but the skid was progressive and easily controlled.

Thanks for the heads up , or should i say heads down in face plant Laughing
snow conditions
Just getting ready to leave Melezes after 12 days of nirvana. Excellent food, plenty of hot water, a very reasonable bar bill (£400/3 !!) and some superb time on the mountain with the staff (Rog, Lynds & Ali). From sorting an emergency dentist to finding batteries, nothing was too much trouble.

Thoroughly recommended.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy