Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 1800, for 4 nights?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all!
The gang are going to Les Arcs 1800, 13.03.2010 for a week, due to having young kids etc I don't want to be away for the full week, so I'm going to go for four nights; here's the question, will I be able to get a room for 4 nights in 1800?
I've had a little look on various websites but everywhere seems to be tour operator based apartments, were you need to book for the whole week. (Which I'll do if I really must.)
Is it worth just turning up & hoping for the best!?
As ever all info greatly received!
Cheers,
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Getting bookings which don't run Saturday-Saturday is not easy. Have you tried the official Tourist Office (www.lesarcs.com) which has an extensive list of local accommodation and might be able to help. Although not ideal for meeting up with your group you might find it easier to get short-stay accommodation down in Bourg St Maurice and then use the funicular to travel up to Les Arcs each day.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice one rob@rar,
I've had a look at staying in Bourg, while there's plenty on offer as you point out it's not ideal for meeting up with the gang & getting back late at night.
I know that I can get into the Latitudes du Golf but could do without forking best part of a grand for four nights!
I'll have a look in the Tourist Office website & see what's on there.
If worst comes to the worst I'll just have to book an apartment for the week & just use it for the 4 nights. The things we have to do to get our fix on the slopes!
Cheers,
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i did a cheeky 4 nighter in march on my own the year before last in les arcs 1800

pierre de vacances took the booking in le belmont, they have a number of cheaper options aswell. i booked about 6 weeks before going

www.pv-holidays.com/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lucan, Why not rent a place for a week and see if you can rent out the days you don't use to somebody else. We helped somebody do something similar last year at half term. They booked the apartment through a local agent and advertised the days they couldn't use on ebay, with the consent of the agent they rented from.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ribblevalleyblue, thanks mate I'll check that out.
What did you reckon of le Belmont?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
chill chalet in BSM does odd nights, as does chaletarc in Peisey-Nancroix (neither of those are 1800 I know)

http://www.hotel-emeraude.com is in Vallandry, would appear to dailys and it's possible to walk to/from 1800 of an evening. 20 minutes or so - uphill on the way to 1800 downhill on the way back...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers Bertie.
Looks nice, 20 minutes isn't too much & I must admit I actually like the look of Vallandry as a town.
Lucan
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lucan, Vallandry is a nice place to stay but not if your group is in 1800. Getting home at night is a real pain as they will not be using the new road for public buses so walking back each night would not be fun. Once is ok maybe but it is through the forest and know lights. You can ski back in the dark (not allowed, but possible) but then you must stay in ski gear all evening.

Bourg is ok if you want to get home by 9pm every night as that is when the funic closes.

Best bet is to rent a place in 1800 off the net direct and waste a couple of days, still the cheapest option.

If you make it see you in the Altiport on the hill maybe or at bar bobo. Good hunting.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowcrazy, Thanks very much for the advise!
I've had a good look on the net & found plenty of options, €350 - €450 for an apartment for the week. That's sound & I don't mind taking the hit for the wasted days.
A lot of them are in the Village du Charvet development, do you know it?
Cheers,
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lucan, Charvet is quite a good base as long as your at the top near the shops/lifts and not down near the road. You should check out the interactive map on the Les Arcs web site to see the location of the apartment. The main life in the evenings is at charvet shops area or down at Villards shopping area. Both are good bases for sking if you are near the pistes.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
le belmont was clean and very handy, short walk to main shops and bars, albeit a little bit uphill after the night out, but ski in and out and would stop again
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Residence Maeva have places with less than 1 week
http://www.pv-holidays.com/alps/arc-1800/holiday-rental-france-arc-1800_de

I did a quick search on the first one on the list for the 4 nights you wanted

Arc 1800 - Maeva Arc 1800 Le Thuria - Le Ruitor
Studio 4 persons [ More Info ] 456.00 €
1 Bedroom apt for 4/5 persons [ More Info ] 580.00 €
1 bedroom apartment for 5/6 persons [ More Info ] 632.00 €
1 bedroom apartment for 6/7 persons [ More Info ] 776.00 €
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ribblevalleyblue, jasongibson100,

Cheers, that's really helpfull.

I've had a good look & there are plenty of options. The rest of the gang are going for a week so once they get their acomodation sorted I'll get somewhere close to them.

The midweek mini trip has gathered a bit of steam of the weekend & two more people have jumped onboard with myself, so that'll make thing a bit more cost effective.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy