Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Filarinskis: excellent service

Poster: A snowHead
It's always good to hear about shops that go beyond the call of duty.

Found a new board that I was interested in but is a real niche product, in fact I've been researching this for weeks and was pretty much resigned to ordering from the US or Canada and paying import tax etc. Last night I found an alternative on filarinskis.com (UK shop based in Hampshire) so gave them a call today. They only had the board on order in a 164 but after discussing it at length called the dealer to see if they could get a 171. There were none of that length available and only 1 had been brought into the UK so they called me back and gave me the bad news.

At this point they could have sold me the shorter board, it would probably have done it's the length I normally ride and the guy on the phone said it was fine for him and he's a similar height/weight to me. What he actually did was give me the phone number for the place that had imported the 171 and wished me luck followed by more discussion on the merits of this board versus the other options.

In short I bought it from the other place as they had the length I wanted but here's a big thank you and recommendation for Filarinskis for all that help.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yes, it's a great shop. snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agree. Always a good experience dealing with them.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I bought my skis from them a few years back; very knowledgable staff (and a good bargain too).

They're based in Havant, near Portsmouth, by the way.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've bought 2 pairs of skis from them over the last 2 or 3 years, both over the phone, really good service both times
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Have had one very very bad experience with them, have not been back since. I cannot recommend them for fixing bindings to a brand new pair of skis.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 17-11-09 15:29; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bought my skis from them, very good shop. Run by a mate of a mate, I discovered afterwards.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

They're based in Havant, near Portsmouth, by the way.

Not for much longer. They're moving (before Christmas) to a new out of town shop, at Bosham - on the A259 near Chichester. There'll be plenty of parking there.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
Not for much longer. They're moving (before Christmas) to a new out of town shop, at Bosham - on the A259 near Chichester. There'll be plenty of parking there.

Well you would have thought they'd have advertised that a bit better - coming up to the ski season 'n all - I walk by there most days, have a loyalty card and see Marco most days and have seen and heard nothing of that.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Zwee, yes I agree. I heard from someone I met at a party last weekend that they were moving, and was in yesterday to get some Techwash - they didn't have any, and I was told that they wouldn't be getting new stock in until after the move....

it's yet another nail in the coffin of shopping in Havant town centre. It's grim. Those Conservative councillors who pushed through the very controversial decision to allow that obscenely enormous new Tescos have a lot to answer for; it's only going to get worse. But for most people (except us...) the new location will be better.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Love the fact that Filarinskis is only down the road from us - great shop, my son is helping out there a bit at the moment as part of his IB and Steve and all the staff have been very good to him.

Zwee, Whereabouts are you??? Didn't realise there were so many snowheads nearby!! Pam W and I share the same French teacher - we are located in Havant about 500 yards from Filarinskis!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w, I agree about Havant Town Centre - East Street & Market Parade are looking particularly grim and the poor old Post Office looks like you need a hard hat to venture in. Actually some of West Street's not looking too good either. It's nice to have some quality shops like Next and Laura Ashley now but small ones in town centre would have been better.
Soon all we will be able to do in Havant is drink Coffee rolling eyes.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
loatie, Just behind the Spring (Havant Arts Centre to you and I!)
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Zwee, Small world wink wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I had a bout of awful diahorrea there once-luckily a ski boot was to hand..........
latest report
Swirly, what did you buy?
ski holidays
norris, http://www.atomicsnowboarding.com/#/poacher
snow report
Wow, hadn't heard about an Atomic splitboard! Completely new interface, does it come with bindings, crampons and skins? how much did it set you back if you dont mind me asking? Embarassed
snow conditions
norris, sent you a PM.
snow conditions
Thanks for the comments.

The move to Bosham will be happening soon, date will be posted on the new site once we have fully moved. (or sign upto the mailing list to recieve email notification)

The shop in Havant will remain for a while, until stock is sold. The new shop will be filled with mainly new stock.

Mo
Web designer - Filarinskis

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 24-11-09 12:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Filarinskis, welcome to snowHead
snow report
Filarinskis, welcome to Snowheads. Does this mean we can look forward to another great Sale in Havant? wink
ski holidays
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, there will be a sale or two! Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy