Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ambitious friend - worried

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
beanie1, my first contract in HK provide me with 21 days over 2 years (plus public hols) so you have done well

anyway v1cky24, i am sure your friend will forget all his bravado after his first 5 falls, especially if he is on a board wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rayscoops, I didn't know you'd worked in HK! How long for? Did you ski in China whilst here?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
beanie1, 89 - 2001 ish in Asia with 5 years over that period in HK. I maybe thinking of working out that way again soon. I was not a boarder then though so no China sliding - I used to scuba dive instead Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
he might have to learn from his mistakes

but i found lessons very useful as a new skiier

i could get down steep reds and was fairly confident but with a better technique you ski more efficiently - use less energy and therefore can have a longer more rewarding ski day.

this alone makes a couple of lessons worth while

even 1 private lesson between 2 people
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
***UPDATE***

I am recently back from Panorama and the ambitious friend made it home in one piece.

He did indeed get down the black slopes after his second day out there, I say 'get down' as his technique left a lot to be desired I think - but that doesn't matter of course does it? Haha I am very impressed mind, he has got the confidence to have a shot at anything!

His helmet probably saved his bacon though, he had a nasty fall trying to attempt a jump he had set up and winded himself/hit his head on some packed snow.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
v1cky24, glad to hear you all got back unscathed. I am jealous of those who like your friend will have a go at anything - I suffer the reverse - excessive fear of injury holds me back! I took a couple of friends to Castleford a year or so ago, one aged about 20 the other in his 40s and they were both just chucking themselves down the slope, falling wildly every time. I was highly embarrassed as I felt they were a danger to others as well as themselves and was hoping I wasn't going to be ringing the 20 year old's parents with news of injury. The "Piste patrol" of course totally ignored them, but eventually one of the instructors teaching on the slope went and told them to slow down and try to ski with control or leave.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Butterfly, I know what you mean!

I had a few falls this year and it knocked my confidence a fair bit which didn't help. I was worried about them to start with, but then I became envious because I was too chicken to do what they were doing!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
v1cky24 It would be a shame if they thought that "Chupspa" is all that is needed to ski. Lessons next year will no doubt make him look and ski bettter!

Glad to hear you had fun and all "survived"
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Roy Hockley, chutzpah, I think you'll find. Laughing

Creative effort though.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lizzard, Toda adoni ani yodea chutzpa aval ani be Norway achshav ve ...... sorry for being pedantic but am having difficulty with the Norwegian keyboard!! Although my hebrew is better than my Yiddish! Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy