Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Line Prophet 100s

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Been looking for a new set of skis. I love my Salomon Scream Hots but always seem to get caught out when it really dumps, so thoght i'd go fatter for those powder days.

Tried the Prophet 100s at Milton Keynes ski test the other day and loved them - they took me by surprise and seem to carve like a piste ski.

All the reviews i've read say that this is the only ski you'll need, so i'm 99% convinced. But there's that 1% which thinks of the black double diamonds in Canada with man swallowing moghuls and wonders how i'm gonna ski these with 100mm planks on?

Has anyone skied these? Will they handle the pistey / moghul stuff?

thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dont know but the graphics on those things this year look superb. buyem!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I find moguls are fine on the 90s as long as you keep some semblance of technique and anticipation. I wussed out on the 100s and went with the 90s a couple of years ago as I was worried about piste performance, but really I think the 100s would have been fine.

What you CAN'T do is bang straight into the most direct line and expect them to flex round the moguls like a set of noodly, skiied out salomons (ex 1080 user here). I guess the same goes for the 100s. If you want something flexier, have you tried the line blend? Same sort of shape - there was another thread on this the other day.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Where are you going in Canada that has these man swallowing moguls, and are you likely to be skiing them out of choice for fun? Can you ski a 100mm ski down a mogul field - yep, would it be your weapon of choice for hammering bumps all day? - nope.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well, I do ski moghuls occasionally out of choice - its nice to see as much of a resort as possible when you go away. But my main aim is the off piste / bowls etc.

I've tried the Blends, but as i'm rarely in the park I thought the Prophets (on paper) would be better suited to the terrain I ski.

I really wanted an all mountain go anywhere ski that was a bit fatter, so I'll probably go for the Prophets (they look the Bo***cks as well)

I'll probably have icy conditions for years now!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Keep them sharp and ice isn't a problem!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Had 130s for a couple of seasons they were my everyday ski, they ate up the bumps of Tortin & Gentiane without any trouble so I can't see you having too much trouble in Canuckistan.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah 'nother P130 user here...bump's...whatever! They get down anything, even carve ice pretty well!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy