Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the best ski breakfast?

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Sorry to offend all those that think I should be having pain au chocolat.

I've never gone overboard for pain au chocolat. Good ones (like good croissants) are delicious, but many aren't very good at all. I'd much prefer a slice of my home-made low GI bread toasted and spread with proper English marmalade (definitely not Coopers Oxford which has gone sadly downhill in recent years). That reminds me - must start looking out for Seville organges.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lots of black coffee and some museli. I am not a breakfast person.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I wonder when Whitegold will reveal all.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tempted to take some breakfast ingredients with me this year, although I don't normally. We won't be arriving until Christmas Eve so will need supplies to last us for a day or two.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helen Beaumont, if your breakfasts are on the scale of Sypderman's you might need to think about a trailer.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, do you think we can get a refrigerated one?
Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, Jan Morris was on the radio yesterday morning saying that she always takes National Trust marmalade on her travels.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Favourites last season were either porridge with honey or goats cheese pizza. Unless it was a powder day in which case it was cheapo mystery pastry selection from the bakers on the way to the lift.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
Helen Beaumont, if your breakfasts are on the scale of Sypderman's you might need to think about a trailer.

Do you think I'm overdoing it having Orange Juice as well?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spyderman, Similar food to yourself, but pre porridge I also have some fresh fruit and yogurt to get the stomach ready for the onslaught Toofy Grin
after all its supposed to be the most important meal.

I tend to find the lunch stop isnt really needed but occasionally will have something to eat to be sociable, but often can ski all day without stopping Cool

14 days of this and srill come home the same weight, NA portions too Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Apologies in advance for bringing down tone but eating less and often works better for me than massive meals with a big break in between. I carry a couple of Powerbars for mid morning and afternoon snacks and the energy surge they produce definitely improves my skiing. Great for touring too.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you have a big enough kebab (there's a good roadside van in Saalbach Hinterglemm) at 3:30 AM before retiring, you'll be plenty nourished enough at 8:30 for the first run of the day. If that's not available to you, I suggest the specially chef-cooked omlette with everything in it the way US & Canadian hotels do it or go straight for the heuvos rancheros - nothing finer.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Spyderman wrote:
7.45. Porridge, followed by Full English, then Croissants & Pain Au Chocolat, Orange Juice & Tea. Very Happy

Gets my vote, no need to stop for lunch after that lot! snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Winterhighland wrote:
Spyderman wrote:
7.45. Porridge, followed by Full English, then Croissants & Pain Au Chocolat, Orange Juice & Tea. Very Happy

Gets my vote, no need to stop for lunch after that lot! snowHead

There's a difference between need and desire. Laughing Lunch is good too, not too much though, as you still need to make room for afternoon tea and several pints before the 3 course dinner with wine.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
True continental breakfast surely? of croissants, pain au chocolat, a bit of meat and cheese left over the previous day. Plus anything you can find nice from the morning ritual to the patisserie and boulangerie to get bread etc.

How much I love a greasy fry up, I'll leave for that to a greasy cafe in this country.

I always eat well at every meal when skiing compared to home or I'll keel over exhausted about 5 oclock. Sometimes I don't have breakfast when at I'm home, when I'm skiing I can't go without it.
latest report
Porridge and fruit smoothie Very Happy

Porridge is definitely the way to go, if you don't like it cooked and gloopy, soak it overnight and eat it 'raw' Toofy Grin
snow report
Decent bowl of cereal, coffee or two, pockets packed with snacks/drinks (carbs and protein, minimal fat) for grazing through the morning, or often the whole day.

Big brekkies just kneecap me.

John.
latest report
The best is Freshtracks in Whistler. You take the gondola up at 7.30am have whatever you want for brekkie at the roundhouse and then you get to ski fresh tracks. THAT is the best breakfast experience anyway.
ski holidays
Spyderman wrote:

Me too.

Coffee is dehydrating and bad for you before exercise; hence tea.

Porridge will provide energy for later in the morning

Full English will provide energy for once you start skiing (beans helping for later)

Jam provides the instant kick-start sugar rush to get you down to the lift.
snow report
Croissant or pain au chocolat at the boulangerie on the drive to the lift. Eat in the car, pop round to the car park, get on first lift up.
snow conditions
James the Last wrote:

Urban myth. Cup of coffee = net fluid gain. Although not as much as something with less caffeine, but what's the point of being hydrated if you can't open your eyes? Very Happy
snow conditions
Breakfast of champions - 3 boiled eggs, tin of beans, croissants and jam x 2, oh and Yazoo - works pre-match, should keep you going a while!
ski holidays
Quote:

The best is Freshtracks in Whistler. You take the gondola up at 7.30am have whatever you want for brekkie at the roundhouse and then you get to ski fresh tracks.

Yes, that sounds really great.
ski holidays
snow conditions
I kinda vary...
Scrambled eggs on toast, porridge or bacon butty.
apple juice and coffee or tea.

Ive seen people eat some strange things for breakfast...

left over curry, kebabs, cold chips, crisps, beer.

Worst ive seen is some left over cocktails on the table from previous night.

Tux
snow report
I think with so much food ingurgitated in the morning I wouldn't talk about energy but dizziness! You stomach would be so busy digesting all that food that you will have little energy left to do anyhting else

James the Last wrote:
Spyderman wrote:

Me too.

Porridge will provide energy for later in the morning

Full English will provide energy for once you start skiing (beans helping for later)

Jam provides the instant kick-start sugar rush to get you down to the lift.
snow conditions
Spyderman wrote:

Spot on. I would add 1 dual action Rennie on the 1st lift as the acidity of the orange and the fat of the brekky react.
latest report
What's wrong with beer and tabs you skiing wusses?

Seriously, coffee, OJ, croissants, pain au chocolat and suisse (called different things in different places but croissant pastry with custard inside and chocolate chips on top), jam and a few tabs Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Croissants fresh from the bakery jam Coffee and apple juice at around 8.30ish.

It's a holiday not a competition to ride the first lift wink
snow report
stanton, Laughing
ski holidays
Tiroler Grostl and Lagavulin
snow report
Spyderman wrote:

Respect! Can't abide those buffet breakfast with cold hard-boiled egs and stuff! Has to be the full English.....

pam w wrote:
You must do a lot of energetic skiing to use up all that lot

If you saw me, you would quickly realise that I taken in more than I burn off.... Embarassed
snow report
Boredsurfing wrote:
It's a holiday not a competition to ride the first lift wink

There is no place for propaganda like this on snowHead ! wink Toofy Grin
snow report
stanton,

Why don't you start the day with a proper drink? such as Wink

http://www.drinkon.com/alt-img/strohminator_medium.jpg
snow conditions
Porridge, bacon and eggs and cold can of diet coke if self catering... if hotel..then a nice gippfel from the bakers if too lazy to get up for breakfast times.
orange for the 1st lift of the day
ski holidays
I like little & often too but argh I don't think I can ever face another powerbar.
I usually make a little toastie with goats cheese, spinach leaves & fig relish, and try and have a yoghurt. Big latte and orange juice. That's about as much as I can usually face before 8. Porridge is nice sometimes. I take my pain au choc & some more bread in my pocket & have it on the lift when I've woken up a bit.

First Tracks is fantastic! we did it four times when we were in Whistler Smile
ski holidays
Oh and huevos rancheros if we've had mexican the night before. We usually have this at least once if we're out for a week. I love huevos rancheros!
snow report
firebug, I wanted to do Fresh Tracks, but couldn't persuade the teens to get out of bed in time. The snow conditions were less than perfect on our visit, so perhaps it was for the best.
snow conditions
Porridge made with milk, banana and a generous sprinkling of sugar OR pancakes with banana & nutella followed by coffee and orange juice Cool
ski holidays
There's nothing like a bit of hot crumpet first thing in the morning.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy