Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where's best for long cruising blues / easy reds?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Kramer, I beg to differ about Lech. We stayed in the Bergheim apartments and for £350 for the week thought it an excellent deal.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
La Plagne, les Arcs, Courchevel, Cervinia are all great bluesy cruisy, it would appear that France is intermediates paradise. I know I'm in heaven there but I am sure that Cervinia can't be the only one not in France.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tessaventer, You couldn't PM me the details of that could you?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kramer We went about 3/4 years ago through Made to Measure holidays website page here http://www.mtmhols.co.uk/default.cfm/loadIndex.246/
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Adam Holt, A lot of what you say I will agree with, but it's more a case of what you are looking for in a resort. Having just come back from our 3rd stay in Cervinia, and having researched in the past numerous consumer books, Cervinia still always comes top of the list for Snow Sureness, and numerous long, wide, easy blue and red runs that are confidence boosting.

We have never had a problem with the hire shops, there is always a bit of a rush at most resorts as the new arrivals all descend on the shops at the same time wanting to collect their kit, and we are amazed at how good humoured and tolerant the Italian staff are, very unlike our shops! You can even email some of the shops and book your skis in advance, and I bought a great pair of skis that are much more expensive on ebay!!

The steps are a bind I'll agree and a ski bus is much needed, and for this reason, some hotels lay on their own transport, failing this, for those than can ski well, you can take a drag from the village and ski down a red to the lift station, or leave your skis etc at the mid station, avoiding carrying them at all, (but then you miss the rather nice runs to the resort).

The resort runs are all above tree level, so yes it can look rather “empty”, but the Matterhorn and surrounding mountains are spectacular, and the openness provides what most go there for; the very very wide, well groomed, long, easy blues and reds!!! For those trying to grasp the fundamentals of skiing, want to gain confidence, but don’t want to be forced to potter around on resort level nursery slopes to do this (often with little or no snow cover) Cervinia ticks all the boxes. It’s reasonably priced, short transfer, and is one of the few Italian resorts that had any decent snow this year, and the Cervinia website has webcams all over the resort so you really can see if the snow reports are true!

If you are a competent skier, you can always ski into Zermatt, as our friends have just done 2 days running, but like all high altitude resorts, the wind factor can be a pain, and the resort is prone to complete shut downs when the wind gets bad. But you can’t have everything!

Night life is quiet I’ll agree, it never sells itself as Sauze d'Ouix though. Never met anyone that complained about the ski school though, but then we haven’t personally used them so can’t comment.

We won’t be going there a 4th time though, not because we don’t like the place, but it has served its purpose, it’s now too familiar, and thanks to its numerous, forgiving, gentle blue and red runs, I am ready to ski other resorts that previously, I wouldn't entertained. Perhaps I will return to those resorts that I've been to that had a great nightlife, no steps, lots of trees and shops, not much resort level snow, and scared the living daylights out of me on piste! wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tessaventer, thanks for the link.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy