Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz Skiing over Christmas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there, long time lurker but finally registed...

Anyway I am about to book my first skiing holiday having learnt to ski at the Chill factore and have decided on Avoriaz leaving 19th December.

There will be 4 of us (me, wife and 2 kids) and all we just can't make up our mind on the accommodation.

We are going to book a package with Thomson and have narrowed it down to the P&V Residence Sepia (4*) and Maeva Antares (4 smiles).

Wife has got it in her head that P&V is better and it does cost more if you book direct on the P&V website BUT the Antares has been refurbished this year so I am leaning towards that.

Any advice?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hi, pm me and i will help you out if i can, pm me then i will give you my number, cheers rick
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cooky73, welcome to Snowheads - and skiing. You'll have a great holiday. snowHead Don't know that accommodation, but if there's any difference, go for whichever is closest to the ski school meeting place. You might also get some good advice from Thomson - worth asking. You could ask about the size of apartments, which they don't always put in brochures. But that figure (most important) will certainly be available to them. If nothing else decides you, go for the biggest. Some of those apartments are very, very, small and a bit of extra space is always good.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
good points there by pam w, also try and get a window or balcony facing west because if not you wll be staring at a cliff face and also a chairlift spoiling your view!!! get it to the west and you will be looking in the direction of les prodains and morzine, 800m bellow you!!! great views
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, I did Avoriaz with two other 3 other families (about 14 of us in total), shared two of the larger P&V appartments (had to use the lounge to sleep as well) but the P&V appartments are fine. If you can afford it you could choose the papprtments size to keep the lounge free just for more space, but that's a bit of a luxury. We've used them in Valmorel and Arc 1800 as well. We've always booked direct with P&V because it has been a bit cheaper (not sure if that's true now), but mainly because we organise our own travel, e.g. driving or done the over night train out of Paris gare D'Austerlitz, etc. I can't remember which appartment we booked but it was either the residence La Faliase or Balcons du Soleil in the Falise area at the top end as you enter Avoriaz. You need to appreciate that Avoriaz is 'no cars' so when you drop off or get dropped at the entrance you have to get you, your family and your luggage to your appartments. So if your appartments are in residences way down the village it's a bit of a hack, and a struggle to get hold of the sledges to tow your gear—having said that you only do it once there and back. Thus, the apartments in the Falise area are a bit of a bonus in this respect. Also, these apartments are not too far from ski school. We thought Avoriaz was quite good as a family, we did Xmas same as you. Avoriaz had loads of snow when we went, the palce looked good, we enjoyed the skiing, I think you'll like it as a amily. Oh, and yes as Ricklovesthepowder suggest, we had apartments facing west, a bonus. Have a nice time.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dr-martin-white, good review and suggestions here. the only thing i would say is if you stay at the bottom of the resort, after a night out you go downhill to your accomadation not uphill!!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That's a good point. Didn't get to the lower part of the resort, family had enough fun at the top end. I forgot to mention, it's a flat'ish hack and up small slope to the ski school meeting point in the falaise area. But the kid's soon realised they couild ski to the bottom of the village, catch the lift up and ski down to the ski school.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dr-martin-white, we did that each morning from the Balcons de Soleil only realising (yes we are idiots) that literally out the back of the hotel you could join the ideal for a head clear blue that runs down to the Prociou chair... Embarassed
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh my god, I forgot that too, half way through the week, we realised out the back of the residence you could join a great blue (for the family) run down to that lift that comes up from, is it Morzine? rolling eyes
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dr-martin-white, Yep, people coming up from Morzine take the Super Morzine bubble then Zorre chairlift, then ski the long blue piste down to the Proclou chair to get to Avoriaz.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks Snowheads Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy