Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heat fit boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bought a pair of head edge 11, with heat fit liner.

Can i do it myself and if so how, or do i need to go to a boot fitters

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Timbobaggins, you need to go to a bootfitter.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
beanie1 wrote:
Timbobaggins, you need to go to a bootfitter.

Short and sweet, Thanks.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Timbobaggins, somebody technical will be along soon I'm sure!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Timbobaggins, the heat fit in the lienr is a standard thing which boot manufactures put on the boots to help with the break in, there are a coupler of options

1 take them to your friendly bootfitter who will charge you a few ££ to mould them up for you
2 wear them lots before you go skiing and hope that the lienr will mould a bit to your feet

the liner of the edge is pretty cushy so having it moulded will definately help with the comfort in the outset, but generally a few days skiing will do the job.... if they feel tight around the toes (which they should when new) then it is best to have them heated and wear toe caps while they are cooling to create a bit of extra space
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CEM there's also option #3, but it's not for those with weak heart Wink

Until now I never molded any heat moldable things anywhere else then in my own kitchen oven. It sure sounds crazy, but it actually works. I did this with ski boot liners, with 800eur ice skates, skates for roller hockey etc. Everything worked until now, and I never destroyed anything Smile Afterall if you look good, those "special" ovens are not much more then heater with ventilator Wink But it takes a bit experience to get right temperature and right time to heat particular boot or skate. I learned to do this in my serviceman time on WC, when you just don't have all those fancy things with you.
But then again, I don't want to suggest these things to anyone, since I don't want to be responsible for someone burning their 500eur worth boots Wink So I actually agree... if you paid few 100eur for boots, it's not all that much money to pay someone who knows what he is doing to heat them for you.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy